Video: Sniper Elite V2: Russian sniper and SMG in action

Sunday, 29th April 2012 02:46 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

With the demo of Sniper Elite V2 out for consoles as well as Steam, VG247′s Sam Clay decided to dive head first into the entire Schönberg Convoy mission.

Above, you will find 20 minutes worth of gameplay as well as a look at the Russian sniper and sub-machine gun for the first time ever. In the full game, players can choose between the German, Russian, or US sniper, each with their very own specifics.

The PC demo, if you haven’t tried it already, comes in at the 2GB mark and also contains a 6v6 deathmatch multiplayer mode. Multiplayer is exclusive to the PC version.

It’s out on PC, PS3, and Xbox 360 May 4.

1. Sadismek

“The PC demo, if you haven’t tried it already, comes in at the 2GB mark and also contains a 6v6 deathmatch multiplayer mode.”

As far as I know, there is no 6v6 deathmatch multiplayer mode in the demo. From that statement, it seems like there is one.

2. Jet Black

Is the sound improved in the retail version? I found the audio in the demo very odd, with too much echo effect when running around & the voices of the german soldiers very muffled. I thought it vey distracting & ruined any tension the demo level had. I hope this get’s fixed…

3. Sam Clay

@2 It definitely shows that the demo is very old code, because the game has shaped up massively in the retail version.

I’m also incredibly impressed by the game’s soundtrack – good job Rebellion.

4. Jet Black

@3 That’s encouraging! I did enjoy the demo but just found a few things broke the atmosphere (mostly the sound).

5. Sam Clay

@4 Going to be bringing some more footage this week, basically highlighting another incredible set piece in the game. Playing through it I was literally like “I have to do this properly otherwise I’m going to regret it”.

This game is at the top of pre-order charts for a reason.

6. Jet Black

Great Sam, I look forward to more of your footage. :-)

7. DSB

I think this is gonna end up as my surprise of the year. Aside from the shooting it is a little scrappy, but even if it wasn’t better in the final build, I don’t think I’d mind that much.

I love it when unassuming games just blow me away. Silent Storm <3

8. polygem

looks fun indeed…didn´t expect that.
    thx for posting this. nice gameplay.

9. Talkar

Anyone know if this game, or if there is another will require you to spend 15-20 minutes in the same spot? Just wondering, as i would actually like to play a sniper game where the player has to be very patient ^^

10. DSB

@9 You could set up your own mission like that in ArmA or Dragon Rising, but other than that I don’t think I’ve come across one of those. Ghost Warrior wasn’t very good.

I’ve played a few hunting games in the past that were actually pretty exciting, but I don’t think those deer were a military threat to anyone.

11. Sam Clay

@9 I can confirm this. I’ve spent about 20mins trying to get through 1 part of a mission.

12. Charlie Sheen

theres only 11 missions so the games going to be 4hours long lul

13. Sam Clay

@12 More like 12+ hours.

14. Talkar

I tried Ghost Warrior but i didn’t like the game at all :P
    Sounds great!

15. Mosi-oa-Tunya

Nice video. I’ve played the demo a dozen times and can’t wait for the full game. How essential is collecting the gold do you know? I just want to shoot people in various parts of their anatomy :)

16. StolenGlory

I’d just like to say that the sound of a sniper round crashing into somebody’s head and shattering it like an egg shell, before screaming out the other side, does some deeply sexual things to my surround sound system.

It really shouldn’t be possible for something so gimmicky (the killcam) to be so compelling, yet, I put the controller in the hands of my friend (one of the most depressing, most cynical bastards you could ever hope to meet) and upon his first kill-cam moment, it was like watching a child on Christmas Day; he was giddy beyond belief and did little to hide it :)

17. Edo

@16 I know the feeling :) .