Torchlight II $20 on Steam, includes original

Thursday, 26th April 2012 02:01 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Although we still don’t have a firm release date, you can pre-purchase Torchlight II on Steam right now. The $20 price tag includes a giftable copy of the original, which is still well worth playing, as well as a key to access the Neverwinter closed beta scheduled for later this yet. The dungeon crawling sequel is expected once the initial Diablo III madness dies down, perhaps as early as June.

Thanks, PC Gamer.

1. r4uL

The german retail version will be released on July 3 if nothing changes.

2. DSB

Well, the price is definitely right. No excuse for passing that up.

I wonder what it means for the final game, though. 20 dollars is well below even the 40 dollar price point some publishers are playing around with.

3. HauntaVirus

Trigger bought a copy, wish there was a 4-pack offered though!

4. noherczeg

@3 There is a 4pack :O

5. freedoms_stain

Niiiiiiiiiiiiiiice

6. Llewelyn_MT

4-pack for 60$, not 60€ they’re asking for a single copy of D3. Looks like a no-brainer.

P.S. I wish T2 would be out when it’s ready, not on the due deadline.

7. endgame

It’s 20 euros for me. Is it really 20 dollars in the US?

8. CyberMarco

When does this offer end?

9. Llewelyn_MT

@7: I’m in Poland and we have prices in USD on Steam. Since Steam has pretty wild regional price differences YMMV. Still it’s 60€ for you for a 4-pack.
    Hint: Make friends in Poland and let them “gift” you the game. ;)

@8: There is no pre-release rebate listed so it looks like the final price. Steam often has 4-packs at the price of 3 games for co-op titles (L4D, Magicka, Borderlands, etc.).

10. OlderGamer

Fair price. Looking forward to it.

11. CyberMarco

After reading this (http://games.on.net/article/14438/Runic_Games_Promises_All_Torchlight_II_DLC_Will_Be_Free) I’am sure buying it!

P.S. How can I make a word act like a link?

12. endgame

@9 Just as I thought. Well, at that “fair” price (according to the OlderGamer) I’m not going to buy it. I’m not even going to pirate it. Not when Diablo 3 is coming out.