Metal Gear Rising trailer teases something next week

Thursday, 26th April 2012 01:20 GMT By Brenna Hillier

This creepy live action teaser for Metal Gear Solid Rising: Revengeance points to some sort of reveal later this week.

“Corrupted transmission incoming from operative’s implant. Data integrity compromised. Recovery initializing on 4/30/12,” the video’s description reads, directing users to the game’s official website for access. It’s got a countdown on it and not a lot else.

Metal Gear Rising: Revengeance is an action spin-off to the core Metal Gear Solid series, developed by Platinum Games for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360. It’s expected at the end of the year.

Thanks, Dark!

1. Charlie Sheen

INB4 dis nt mtal gaer cuz n0 stelth HURRRRRR DURRRRRRR HURRRRRRRRRR DURRRRRRR

2. OrbitMonkey

THIS ISN’T METAL GEAR!!! IT HAS NO STEA…. Oh for fucks sake charlie :-(

Anyhoo… I quite like Raiden to be honest. MGS2 on the Xbox was my first taste of the franchise, so I don’t have that huge attachment to Snake. Still I’d have preferred a more tactical 3rd person shooter… Using fancy cyborg gadgetry tbh…

But hey ho, they plonk a great big sword on him instead… 4ft long and able to cut through 20ft steel plate no doubt… Japanese and their silly weapon fetishes…

3. mathare92

I never thought I’d see the day when Metal Gear trailers were this crappy. I hope they do a better job with the actual announcement.

4. Johnny Cullen

5. Telepathic.Geometry

This teaser trailer is pure pantaloons but if Platinum are gonna make a sneaky Vanquish 2 under a different title, I’m ALL the fuckin’ way in!

6. HauntaVirus

7. Erthazus

8. Maximum Payne

@4 How did you put gif ?

9. albo88

Solidus Snake will have approve the new metal gear gameplay mechanics
    he wished to di like this in all style and not in that crappy way we kill it in sons of liberty might raiden sword cut deep in to haters

10. Deacon

@5 – god dammit boy do I agree with that!

This isn’t a main MGS title, so I don’t mind them going crazy on the action. Vanquish was a fucking great game and I’m all for more of that – especially the OTT, super-stylized shit that we saw in the trailer.

11. YoungZer0

This looks bad. Hopefully the full trailer has some gameplay footage … that’s less embarrassing than the previous footage we saw.

12. manamana

Embarrassing. Anti-Teaser that is.

13. Telepathic.Geometry

/man-hugs Deacon ^-^

14. Greek God

#10
    well said

15. The_Red

Awesome gif from one of the best Simpsons scenes ever.
    Also, really excited for this game but not because of the MGS part. I like MGS games but I LOOOOOOOVEEEE anything that comes out of Platinum.