Battlefield 3 input lag on PS3 to be addressed with Close Quarters DLC

Thursday, 26th April 2012 17:00 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

DICE’s Patrick Bach has said PS3 input lag in Battlefield 3 will be fixed with the Close Quarters expansion pack.

Speaking with CVG, Bach said voice chat functionality is still being worked on as well.

“Input lag has been a really hard thing for us to fix, but in the Close Quarters expansion pack we’re actually fixing it,” he said. “I didn’t want to bring it up as a feature, but we are improving it quite significantly, and hopefully players who have felt it before will feel the difference, that it feels much snappier and gives better feedback, so we’re definitely listening.

“And on the voice chat functionality, we’ve been working on it and I think we’ll probably have the perfect solution very, very soon. It’s very hard to fix between the combination of the built-in systems and our systems, and it’s not that easy to just make it a priority over everything else because it will affect the rest of the game.”

The first of the Close Quarters packs will be released in June with PS3 users getting it a week in advance over PC and Xbox 360 users.

1. Boxdude1184

Hey it’s only 8 months after release…

2. Hunam

Headline is a little misleading.

3. Stephany Nunneley

Not to argue semantics because this is the internet after all but he says “in the Close Quarters expansion pack we’re actually fixing it” and to address something means that attention has been directed towards it – so how would you rather me word it then?

4. Gigabomber

News to me. I thought they fixed these issues over 2 years ago. Way to further ruin your reputation.

5. Yoshi

Not that I have any issue with the headline Stephany but maybe ‘Battlefield 3 input lag on PS3 to be addressed with Close Quarters DLC’s release’ ?

And on the same note, I hope that’s what he means haha otherwise that means paying for a fix :P