Diablo III launch events kick off May 14

Wednesday, 25th April 2012 18:41 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Blizzard has announced several, global launch events for the release Diablo III which kick off on the evening of May 14.

Retail partners in the US, UK, France, Germany, Sweden, Poland, South Korea, Thailand, Singapore, and Taiwan will participate.

In the US, the official launch event will be hosted by Blizzard and GameStop at: The Great Wheel Court of the Irvine Spectrum Mall – 71 Fortune Drive – Irvine, CA.

Festivities kick off at 8.00pm PDT with giveaways and even the opportunity to win a laser-etched desktop PC from Intel. Members of the Diablo III development team will be on site at each of the official events to meet with players and sign their copies of the game.

Attendees will also have the opportunity to purchase the standard edition of the game as well as the Collector’s Edition which contains the following bonus items in case you forgot:

• Exclusive aesthetic artifacts for Diablo III, as well as an exclusive World of Warcraft in-game fetish shaman pet and exclusive StarCraft II Battle.net portraits and army decal.
  • A behind-the-scenes Blu-ray/DVD two-disc set with over an hour of interviews detailing how the world of Sanctuary came together.
  • The Art of Diablo III, a 208-page art book that catalogs numerous pieces of Diablo III art, from early concepts to final 3D renderings.
  • The official Diablo III soundtrack CD, containing 24 original pieces from the game
  • A 4GB USB soulstone, preloaded with full versions of Diablo II and Diablo II: Lord of Destruction, and corresponding Diablo skull base.

More information on launch events in regions other than the US can be found through here.

1. DSB

I’m pretty excited to see the music finally.

The stuff in the menu sounded good, but the ingame stuff is all placeholder.

Nice month for games though. Sniper Elite, Diablo III, and Max Payne June 1st.

2. Se_7_eN

I am really glad they had that open weekend… Now I know better than to buy it. Very unimpressed with it.

3. Sini

music sucks, just compare this new remix crap
    to the classic

this summarizes the entire game direction and why the series went down the crapper with each new release.

4. Talkar

From what i’ve heard Diablo 2 was a major improvement from Diablo 1.
    I can’t tell, i don’t like either, but that seems to be what a lot of the fans think.

5. DSB

@3 Have you checked, because I think your soul might be missing.

I’m a huge fan of Matt Uelmens soundtrack for D2, but that sounds amazing. For people who are just looking for something to complain about, that strikes me as a pretty bad place to start.

It’s also not a remix unless I’m missing something. He’s just using the same tones to tie into the old songs, and doing something a lot more technical.

6. OlderGamer

The more I play it, the better the game feels.

It is missing a lot of what i was looking for.

However, you have to look at what is there in the game instead of fixating on what isn’t(which is did). If you look at what is there, its fun to play and a good game.

Could they have done better? yes I believe that. But I like the time I spend on the game.

7. Mystic Sage

Has anyone heard if they are if they are officially going to make Diablo 3 for console or not? I haven’t seen an official announcement yet anywhere just talk about them looking into it. Would really love to see a top quality game like this on PS3 so I could play it = )

8. GwynbleiddiuM

are there any french folks here? since i’ll be in Paris 14th-15th May I wanna know where should I go to get D3 and attend the launch event. :P

9. viralshag

@7, I would like to think they will. There isn’t really anything I have seen in there gameplay or mechanics wise that couldn’t transfer over to a console with a pad.

Although I’m not sure how the real money AH would work.