Diablo III’s Witch Doctor given the trailer treatment

Tuesday, 24th April 2012 06:09 GMT By Brenna Hillier

The latest Diablo III hero spotlight is shining directly onto the shadowy Witch Doctor, exposing this murky figure to the cold, hard light of scrutiny and really laboured analogies. Just watch it.

The Witch Doctor won’t be detailed on the game’s Heroes Rise website until tomorrow, so this trailer’s all we’ve got.

If you’re interested in Diablo III’s other classes, go forth and check out the Barbarian, Demon Hunter, and Monk. The Wizard is yet to be trailered.

The much anticipated dungeon crawler takes us back to the underworld from May 15.

1. noherczeg

This character is one of the worst things in D3. Still can’t believe how the f did they think that it’s okay to put THIS crap in instead of a proper necro/replacement. Zero coolness factor, maximum parkinson factor…

It’s almost incredible how fucked up are almost all of the chars still btw. Wizard girl looks like crap, this hero is well, not ok at all, monks are mediocore how ever I look at it, there’s almost no really must need, or bossy char in this.

2. djjoejoe

I think the characters look rad, I’m not as into the playstyle of the witch doctor though. I kinda dig the barbarian and monk more from what I played so far.

3. Patrick Garratt

First choice for me. Come on: he has a giant frog and fire bats. Perfect.

4. Pytox

@1 troll much?
    this one just is the best of dem all

5. GwynbleiddiuM

@! ahahahaha, unless you were serious which I will laugh even more. It’s the 1st choice for me and I also liked Monk a lot.

@Pat I can’t wait, I just cannot wait to shower my enemies with poisonous toads and unleash my gigantic frog to swallow them whole.

I only dunno what Blizzard has against women, most of them have funny accents especially Monk and Barbarian.

6. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

How many years in development? And it still looks like an Xbox Live Arcade title.

7. themadjock

@3 Rain of Toads, gargantuan and exploding, poisonous zombie dogs = FUN!

8. capitan_mosca

Best class of them all! :D love it!

9. noherczeg

This instead of a Necro? You guys can’t be serious… I mean yeah, ok, looks like some of you are into frogs :D but still. I know ~10 people who preordered this with me, and basically NONE of them wants to even try it out. That is why I was so confident in my post.

I’m not trolling it’s just my opinion.

#6 not to mention this :P

10. Telepathic.Geometry

I’ll be a monk, once I figure out how the hell I’m going to get back into PC gaming…

11. Maximum Payne

@10 I agree monk look like tons of fun!

12. noherczeg

@10 Won’t be hard, theres not much to punch on the keyboard with this game :)

13. Sini

the entire art direction is shite, way too fucking colorful. Diablo 1 felt the best.

14. DSB

I’d be surprised if most people didn’t go for the Witch Doctor. If they won’t, I sure as fuck will. He’s definitely the most outrageous of the bunch.

Otherwise I’m looking at Monk or Wizard. Kinda surprised so many like the Monk. He’s not the most potent guy, but he is pretty damn classy.

@13 I agree, but Diablo 2 looked like shit even when it came out. It was way behind the curve graphically.

I’d like D3 to have a far more morbid feel than it does, but that said I don’t really mind the art. At 60 FPS it’s nice and easy on the eyes, and the animations are smooth as hell.

I think it matters that it’s pretty much directed at coop. If you aren’t going to coop, you won’t get your money’s worth. And if you’re playing with a friend anyway, it probably wouldn’t feel too gloomy or scary either way.

15. themadjock

Woh, some pretty vehement haters out there, all I can say is don’t judge it on the little you’ve seen in the beta.

16. OlderGamer

I can’t really play the monk or barbarian. Too much focused clicking. I end up chasing the mobs and running in circles, getting hit.

Going to be Demon Hunter for me. Witch DR is ok, I am sure I will have one of those too. Wizzard I found to be too weak.

I am waiting to see what the classes the first dlc pack will contain. I am hoping Necro, Druid and Pally. Prolly not tho, prolly be some sort of duel wielding knight or Rouge.

17. ManuOtaku

Man seeing this class in particular, forces me to wish for a console port ASAP, please make it happen sooner rather than later, i dont mind lesse graphics or other things, i just need to play one diablo game.