Diablo 3 beta nabbed 300,000 concurrent users over the weekend

Tuesday, 24th April 2012 19:30 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

At lot of you tried out, or tried to try out Diablo 3 over the weekend. There were so many of you, that log-in issues, trying to creating or join games, and chat problems were reported. According to Blizzard’s community manager, the beta saw 300,000 concurrent users; however, the total number of users is unknown at this point but the firm said it was “a lot.” Hopefully, those who played are ready to start all over again come May 15, because according to the firm “nothing from beta carries over to retail… characters will be wiped,” and all achievements earned during the beta were “there just to test out the achievement system.” Buck up little barbarian: there’s only four more weeks to go, counting the rest of this week.

1. DSB

I giggled at the buck up thing.

For me there’s three weeks to go though. Isn’t it May 15th worldwide?

Either way, I’m ready to see it.

2. Se_7_eN

I was not impressed to say the least… Anyone else?

3. Sadismek

@2 I was not impressed either. But I only managed to play for 45 minutes with my Demon Hunter, so I can’t really say too much. Error 37, anyone?

4. Kabby

Bad Rams!

5. DSB

@3 It’s a stress test dude. They test, crash and overload their servers on purpose so they’re ready if it should happen on launch.

It makes for a pretty lousy demo experience, but likely they’ll be tweaking their infrastructure, and they might even do another test shortly before launch as a dress rehearsal.

At least that’s how these things usually go.

6. BULArmy

I will not say impressed, but I definitely want to play the game bad. Playing with a friend is blast, playing with a nice stranger also very good.

Overall I am really disappointed for now from only two things:
    it way too easy on Normal when playing alone. D2 was constantly killing you. In MP I experienced some very good melee encounters, but it didn’t feel like D2 when you were multitasking: potions, skills, and trying to annihilate sometimes around 50 enemies.

And the second is the lack of the potions and the resulting spam, it was very good thing in my opinion and Blizz made mistake by removing it.

Also I really hope there is more open area and not so much catacombs.

7. endgame

I loved the beta. But I’m still not going to pay 60 euros for something that requires an active internet connection.

8. Talkar

I’ll most likely pick this up a couple of years from now when it is at a price that i think it deserves to be at.

9. Llewelyn_MT

I tried to log in at least 30 times over 2 days and didn’t even get in once. I guess they knew I’m not even going to consider buying it, let alone for the Day 1 price.

I hope all those who have nothing against the always on “protection” will have a pleasant experience. I totally support Blizzard on that. Cheaters in online games are unheard of and this sort of copy protection is fail-safe, right? Riiight…