Console version of Risen 2: Dark Waters delayed to summer

Friday, 20th April 2012 16:19 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Risen 2: Dark Waters has been delayed on consoles until July 31 in the US and August 3 in Europe. The news was posted on the game’s on the game’s Facebook page. The release of the PC version remains unaffected and will still hit stores on April 27. A reason for the delay wasn’t provided, but we’ve contacted Deep Silver for further information.

1. Moonwalker1982

IMO this is a clear indication that the development is not going all too well for the console. First it was planned to release alongside the pc version in april and then it got delayed to may and now august?

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 Well it could be a certification issue. That has NOT been said, but I have asked, so hopefully we’ll hear something back soon.

3. NeoSquall

@2 Certification people at Microsoft and Sony are finding the game too hard for them?

/trololol

4. BULArmy

ZOMG conzls sux!!!!

Yeap I am not a good troll.

So I really hope this game turn out great. The original was one of the most love/hate game in my experience. The story was bad, the combat was bad, the quests were pretty mediocre, but I kept and kept playing. This actually looks damn good with the pirates theme and the weapons, so I will totally buy it if not on release if it turn out that is not as good as I expect, some Steam sale will definitely be my choice.

5. Erthazus

@1, no, it’s just a studio is very small from the beggining.
    Their primary target is PC version was always. They worked only with PC’s in the past, i bet they don’t want to have issues like in the first game.

6. Stephany Nunneley

@3 It wouldn’t be the first time a game was delayed on consoles due to certification issues. I am trying to remember what game it was last year this happened to. AGAIN not saying that is the case, it could be something completed different. Also, what @5 said.

7. Da Man

I think this is the 10th time Erthazus says that.

Sigh.

Aside from how he once claimed that the original was bad due to developer focusing on console versions. That was a mental accident.

Anyway, Risen was shit.