BT Games lists Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2

Wednesday, 18th April 2012 13:40 GMT By Johnny Cullen

South African retailer BT Games has listed Need for Speed: Most Wanted 2, the second EA leak that has come from it today following this morning’s Dead Space 3 listing.

There are no detail and no date, with the PC version the only version listed for pre-order. But you can pre-order it here. That’s if you’re anywhere near South Africa anyways.

This year’s Need for Speed has yet to be formally announced by EA, but it is widely thought that Criterion are handling duties on it this year following BlackBox’s The Run.

Criterion’s last Need for Speed effort was the well-received Hot Pursuit in 2010. The first Most Wanted game came out in 2005 for PS2, Xbox, GameCube and Xbox 360.

Thanks, EG.

1. unacomn

Most Wanted was actually one of my favorite of the Black Box NFS games. I just hope whoever is making it will do a better job than they did at turning the original Most Wanted into a racing MMO. It was dreadful even a year after launch.

2. The_Red

OK. Either this South African is a testing ground for studios to tease their games or it’s a completely idiot retailer that has no fucking clue what the hell it’s down.
    Also, after The Run, I have lost all faith in Black Box developed NFS games. If it’s a Criterion NFS though, I might be interested though not as much as interested in something like Burnout 6.

3. AlchemyFire

No, BT Games are pretty much the only gaming only retailer in SA, so I trust them. EA also have offices in Johannesburg, near to where BT Games are based.

4. NomadsoulZA

Ok let me set this straight once and for all as it seems like most of the sites around the world are reporting what BT Games are listing as pre-orders.

BT Games advertises games for pre-order WITHOUT the option to pay. So if they are reading sites like this…based purely on speculation, they will add the game as a pre-order, but with no listed price and in most cases, no specific date. They’ve been playing a guessing game with regards to big name titles.

As I’ve mentioned before, it’s not difficult to guess another Modern Warfare, NFS, Crysis, God of War etc – if you follow all the rumors online, then you will see where they are getting their information from. They have no more information than you and I. So The_Red, you are right.

How do I know this you ask? Well, I’m South African and used to by from BT Games all the time. I stay near their head office. I have pre-ordered games that were just one day removed from their site listing. They speculate whether a game is coming out or not in order to get business…if the game comes out, they re-issue the preorder with a date and price…in most of the cases where the game doesn’t come out, they simply de-list it. And seeing as you haven’t actually “paid” for your pre-order, there’s nothing lost.

So in short, this is pure speculation and a marketing ploy to get more attention. I personally don’t buy from them anymore because they tend give away your “pre-ordered” game on a first come, first served basis.

5. Maximum Payne

I hope its going to be good as Hot Pursuit 2010 and to have open city like Most Wanted.