Nintendo confirms Pikmin 3 unveil for E3

Tuesday, 17th April 2012 08:04 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Hot off the heels of confirming Mario Wii U for the show, Nintendo has said that Pikmin 3 will finally make its bow at E3 in June.

Confirmation came thanks to an interview given by Shigeru Miyamoto to Spanish newspaper El Mundo that emerged yesterday.

“In a recent interview, Mr. Miyamoto confirmed that a new Pikmin game will be shown at the E3 Expo in June,” Nintendo told Kotaku in a statement.

“He believes that anyone who has played Pikmin games in the past will enjoy playing.”

Pikmin 3 has been public knowledge to the best part of four years since Miyamoto’s infamous roundtable session then. Originally due on Wii, he confirmed last year development had switched to Wii U.

1. The_Red

Now this is one confirmation I can be happy about.

2. dirtysock

This is indeed good news. Was hoping for some info on it at last years E3. Hoping its a launch title or relatively soon after the console releases. I guess its time to start boning up on my skills and start playing pikmin 1 and 2 again for the 89th time.

3. SplatteredHouse

2 down, then. How many more “surprises” will be spoiled, before the expo’s doors have even opened? :(

4. LOLshock94

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS FINALLLLLLYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY

5. Telepathic.Geometry

I hope that there’s a Wii only version too, as I don’t wanna get a Wii U, but I REQUIRE Pikmin 3 from the depths of my being, perhaps even more than sleep or love.

6. OlderGamer

Yum!

7. OrbitMonkey

Will it have a online deathmatch mode? I think pikmin would be great with a online deathmatch mode…

8. ManuOtaku

Well they didnt ruin the surprise factor for me, i was certain this tittle will be showcase in E3, and i think it will be a system launch tittle, now lets see what other nintendo games will be ready for launch, i cannot wait for the Wii U this year, and then next year for the other consoles as well.

9. Telepathic.Geometry

I’m really worried that I might end up having to get a Wii U for Pikmin 3 if they do it right. :( I’m still massively butt-hurt by the lack of GC BC, and I’ve fallen out of love with Nintendo a bit, so it’s touch and go, but… God-damned PIKMIN 3! :-/

10. OlderGamer

Thats the way games works TG. If a system has one, two or three, or however many games that you want, but can only get on that platform… your ‘possed to buy said platform.

I like to say it only takes one. One game that grabs me and makes me want to sink in countless hours. if a system has that, I am in.