Sony E3 press conference confirmed for June 4

Monday, 16th April 2012 15:51 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sony’s confirmed its E3 press conference will take place on Monday, June 4.

It’ll kick off at 6pm PST (that’s 2am BST the following day) at the Memorial Sports Arena, as it did last year.

Sony’s 2011 press conference consisted of an apology from SCEA Jack Tretton following PSN’s downtime last year, as well as showings of Uncharted 3, Resistance 3, Move support for BioShock Infinite and the unveil of PlayStation Vita.

This year’s show is expected to showcase the second-generation of games coming to Vita, as well as a blowout on Naughty Dog’s The Last of Us.

[Image]

1. nielsthomas1

I’m pretty sure that’s 3 AM where I live. Damn.

2. TD_Monstrous69

So I believe that’s 9 PM where I live. Now I know where I’m gonna be come June 4th

3. diego-rbb-93

3AM in Spain, “good moment”. :(

Hoping to see a Vita revolution, not only games but a lot of new services, and I really hope they announce PS2 games on it. Expecting the launch date for The Last Guardian. Would like to discover any announce of Mirror Edge 2. I would really like to see the come back of some old saga like Medievil or something else, from PSX.

And finally, any signal of Kojima and Project Ogre or Metal Gear Solid “#”.

PD: Could Sony announce a new PS3 Slim model, beside the probably price cut?

4. Pytox

3AM CET :/
    not gonna watch that

5. StolenGlory

It’ll be interesting to see how MS and Ninty time their pressers.

I can see Ninty going last this year.

6. StolenGlory

It’ll be interesting though, just how much time Nintendo get this year for the second bite at the WiiU unveiling apple.

One hour, with a further fifteen minutes taken out of it for pointless Zelda orchestrals, REALLY didn’t cut it last year.

7. Razor

Fucking hell.

Why can’t Sony go back to a 7:30PM BST time like they used to :(

8. Johnny Cullen

I’m telling myself I’m gonna do what I did last year and watch at 1am in the morning. At 2am, it’s possible to put it off. But I know I’m probably gonna end up watching it either way. :(

9. Razor

Johnny, go and write them a nasty e-mail telling them to change it :P

10. xxJPRACERxx

Hope they’ll talk a little about PS4, publicly or behind close doors.

11. Goffee

If there was ever a moment for Sony to stop acting like a dinosaur enterprise, pull its thumb out its butt and get down with its core audience, this is it.

Now the company is being slimmed down, focusing on games and media, Sony can stop pissing around with boring PowerPoint slides and hit users hard, in the face, with great new games, not washed-up sequels.

Oh, hang on, this is Sony we’re talking about. Expect a shitfest of media crap touting some half-baked discussion on the merits of PSOne games played on a Sony tablet.

My plan would be:

Call it “Back to the Core”
    Only allow games with death, fast cars, aliens and slavering monsters to be shown
    Only show games to be released in 2012 (alright, by Summer 2013)
    Flog the Vita until it bleeds

12. Erthazus

I hope for Vita announcements because i need NEW games on the system. Not ports or i’m selling my Vita.

Also, i hope for the PS4 talk at least.

13. LOLshock94

probs be down for maintenance
    (this isn’t even my final form)

14. laxan96

For me it´s going to be at 2am and I´m gonna sit up and watch it even though I have school the day after. Gånna do the smae thing with MS and nintendo if they´re going to have their press conference after 2pm BST and it´s also ok if they ahve it at 4am or even 5am. Missed a lot offun news last year, but not this year.

15. OrbitMonkey

@13, Oh no you didn’t!! ;-)

16. SuperGuyverUSA

Wow, there is alot of hate on Sony today. I personally cant wait for Sony’s E3 press conference, I want more Vita titles and maybe some Move games (I paid over $100 bucks for my Move set, I want GAMES).

17. tenthousandgothsonacid

There won’t be any ps4 until next year, they’ve got to flog ps3 for another year yet. With one game. One more than Microsoft though. Let’s face it E3 will suck balls this year. Next year will be mental though. In the meantine I hope gta5 is good…

18. ManuOtaku

E3 is so close now man i cannot wait, i hope sony does it better than last year.

19. Sini

God of War 4 trailer, although if sony was smart they would make that ps4 launch title instead.