Microsoft goes first: E3 press conference date announced

Monday, 16th April 2012 19:25 GMT By Debabrata Nath

Microsoft’s confirmed it’ll be going first with its press conference at E3 this year. It’ll be held on Monday, June 4 at 10.00am PDT. That’ll be 6.00pm in the UK.

Sony will be holding its own press conference later that day, as confirmed earlier.

Last year’s MS conference saw the announcement of a new Halo trilogy for 360. Kinect also took centre stage, with motion support being announced for various big hitters such as Ghost Recon: Future Soldier, Mass Effect 3, and Fable: The Journey. A demo for Modern Warfare 3 had kicked off the show.

This year promises some interesting announcements, however Microsoft’s debunked rumours about the reveal of a next-gen Xbox console.

Expect the Nintendo conference to be held the following day.

1. G1GAHURTZ

New xbox.

Next gen CoD exclusive.

Next gen GTA exclusive.

Next gen EPIC Games exclusive.

New Kinect.

New TV streaming deals.

You heard it here first.

2. Moonwalker1982

This could mean that they have huge news to reveal, i mean…why else would they want to be first to have their conference? Wasn’t Nintendo always the first to do this?

3. someguy2

@2 Microsoft has been first for at least the past three years.

4. Elite_1989

For the past couple of years Nintendo have been last to have their conference, usually the day after Sony/MS have theirs. Microsoft are first, with Sony second.

I hope Microsoft have some good games to show, past 2 E3′s for me were a let down, too much of a Kinect focus and apps which I dont use.

5. nani17

More like

Halo 4 (milked franchise)
    Gears of war prequel (Dont be shocked it’s coming this E3 or the next)
    Some kinect crap
    New streaming deals you cant get in UK/Ireland
    First video of that crytek Exclusive (Interesting)
    Black ops 2 video (Super Mega Combo Milked)
    More kinect crap
    Possible windows 8 stuff talking about xbox live integration(maybe)
    Possible Samaritan Game (the unreal engine 4 demo remember)

6. Gekidami

I’m sure gamers and the gaming media alike cant wait to sit down and watch more under 10′s flail their arms around on stage for 10 minutes. Thats what the people who actually watch these shows really want to see.

7. Moonwalker1982

Ooooh right, my bad! So basically this doesn’t mean a damn thing. But the fact that MS denies revealing a new console…think about it, of course they are going to deny that. It’s not like they are gonna say ‘yeah, we are going to talk and show our new console’ that’s not how it goes. I’m not saying i expect them to reveal anything about it, but we’ll have to wait and see.

For now…i’m just gonna prepare for a very dissappointing show with lots of bullshit kinect crap.

8. Pytox

don’t forget dance central 3 kinect sports season 3 lol

9. TD_Monstrous69

I’m buying a 360 once I have income coming in. But if there’s one thing I find truly baffling (or make me question why I’m buying a 360) with Microsoft, is their E3 showcases. All I can really say to Microsoft at this point is intise me, and by that, I mean put on a showcase that won’t put me asleep.

10. Erthazus

“XBOX 360

Not just another console” (c)

Ahahahaha… Yeah, It’s just another cheap PC! :D

11. The_Red

After their disastrous conference of E3-2011, I really don’t have much hope for this one. Of course all 3 console makers had horrible conferences and the only decent one (Ubisoft) was ruined by crazy / annoying host.

12. _LarZen_

2 years with piss content…wil this be the year Microsoft gets back up?

Only time wil tell….

13. Erthazus

^ 3 years actually.

14. Gheritt White

This press conference will be mostly lame and boring with few, if any, hardware reveals. There will be a large push on Kinect and couch social console features. In terms of games, it’ll be Halo 4 and Fable, maybe some stuff on Ryse and of course some surprise reveals. Lots and lots of financial figures. Roll on E3 2013.

Why on *earth* would you want to risk limiting sales on hardware before an Xmas with no new product in that category?

15. silkvg247

Until they refund the £60 they STOLE then not a single fuck shall be given. :)

16. DeyDoDoughDontDeyDough

I’ll probably be made to eat my words come conference day, but nothing Microsoft does could be worse than last year’s travesty. Nothing.

Dear Microsoft,

The 70 Million GAMERS who bought your console are mostly not eight year-old girls. Now you know that, could you please base your presentation on this startling new piece of information?

Thanks