Capcom came to Rome last week for Captivate 2012, and with it, brough the colosseum down in the process in showing Resident Evil 6 for the first time, debuting hands-ons with DMC and unveiling Lost Planet 3. Get rounded up below on what happened.
- Capcom debuted Lost Planet 3 for the first time. Coming from Spark Unlimited, it’ll release early next year. The game’s debut trailer got out ahead of the event’s 4pm embargo that confirmed the date and a release on PS3 and 360. A PC version was nowhere to be seen in the video, but is now confirmed to be heading to the platform.
- Resident Evil 6 will now launch on October 2 worldwide and October 4 in Japan, brought forward from November 20-22. A new trailer detailed a ton of story stuff and featured a showdown between Leon and Chris at the end. An eye-watering $1500 limited edition will go on sale in Japan at release. Game director Eiichiro Sasaki has confirmed its length will be triple as much as Resident Evil 5′s.
- Media got to go hands-on with DMC for the first time since its TGS 2010 announcement. A new video and screens of the Ninja Theory reboot also got out. This is, quite simply, looking hot. No date yet, but expect it to be announced between now and E3.
- The Vita version of Street Fighter x Tekken will come with cross-platform support between it and its PlayStation 3 counterpart. The PS3 version will also get the ten new characters coming to the Vita version for free if you have the latter game.
- Two new videos for Dragon’s Dogma were released. Steel Battalion: Heavy Armor also got in the act, releasing a co-op video for the Kinect title.
- Resident Evil: Chronicles HD for PS3 got new shots ahead of its western release later this year.
- The just-released Resident Evil: Operation Raccoon City got a Spec Ops mode DLC pack yesterday. There’s a trailer and screens of it here.
And that’s it until Captivate 2013. Bets for locations, anyone?