Hirai to spearhead new Sony strategy announcement next week

Thursday, 5th April 2012 10:40 GMT By Johnny Cullen

New Sony CEO Kaz Hirai is set to announce a new strategy plan that will pull the company out of the red in a presentation next Thursday. The presentation will be broadcasted live in audio form, with the newly-inducted CEO at the helm of the call.

Via Engadget.

1. G1GAHURTZ

They’re going to collaborate with Microsoft on a universal games format, thus proving the DirectX rumours true and saving/making millions?

2. StolenGlory

Jump In to The Third Place :)

3. worntreads

The future of consoles…a Sony/Microsoft collaboration, Nintendo, and an Apple ipad addon. It is a bright, exciting future indeed. :&

4. TD_Monstrous69

Not to burst anyones bubble here, but Sony already does collaborate with Microsoft, just not in video games. Though no doubt, that’d be an interesting collaboration, though I don’t see it happening. As far as on what Kaz Hirai’s plan for Sony as a whole could be, I’m not sure. But I’ve got nothing but the upmost confidence he can bring Sony out of the red. I mean, he was the guy that really helped bring Sony Computer Entertianment back from the brink of obscurity, and seems to have crafted a long term vision for them that’s nothing short of very bright, and prosperous. Though here’s a simple suggestion I hope he considers, share production with Samsung on your TV’s. Because this is one of the main reasons why it is Sony’s in the red in the first place (that, and some bad movies, ahem…Green Lantern…ahem), and as much as I like Sony’s TV’s (and geez I wish I could buy one), Samsung has basically overtaken them as far as affordability and [possibly] quality is concerened.

5. Lounds

The 2 biggest LED/LCD pannel manufactures are LG and Samsung, Samsungs are way better, their TV’s are stylish too. SONY have nice tv’s and to be honest I prefer the colour on the SONY. Samsung over saturate colours making them seem brighter and more viberant, it never looks real.

6. Lounds

Panasonic make the best colour quality TV’s but Plasma is good as dead. Too expensive.

7. back_up

sony strategy is always best

8. Erthazus

@7, in losing money :D

I agree with you.

@4, they are collaborating with MS even with the games division.
    PS Vita Skype support for example.

9. back_up

PS1 and PS2 lose money hahahaha
    PS3 is now profitable

developers losing money because of PC gamers hahahahahaha

10. LOLshock92

^ “developers losing money because of PC gamers”

Yeah… Ask Valve. lul

11. back_up

12. freedoms_stain

@11, The Steam store made Gabe Newell a billionaire selling games exclusively on the PC platform.

Nevermind eh? Pig ignorance is bliss.

13. back_up

Playstation made sony billionaire

Nevermind yuck? stupid Pig ignorance is u

14. freedoms_stain

@13, don’t believe I said a word about Sony. Want to try again piggy?

15. back_up

don’t believe I said a word about valve is not a billionaire .
    Want to try again guinea piggy ?

16. freedoms_stain

@15, it comes as no surprise that I have to make the logical connections for you.

You: “yeah i asked gabe he told i am bring steam to PS3 and PS4 because of PC gamers don’t buy game”

My response to that was to point out that selling games specifically to PC gamers made Gabe Newell a billionaire.

Your response: irrelevant crap about Sony, which when called on resulted in further irrelevant crap.

Pig ignorant and pig stupid it seems.

17. LOLshock92

back_parrot is a waste of time.

18. back_up

zynga is also billionaire PC gamer made them lol

and Erthazus posted “in losing money” quoting me

My response to that was to point out that sony making Playstaion made sony billionaire.

and if valve is so happy with steam store on PC then why bring it on PS3 ?

valve is cleary not happy now as previous with sales

guinea pig ignorant and guinea pig stupid it seems.

19. back_up

LOL got electric shock 92 times

20. freedoms_stain

@18, do I really have to explore the difference between a social games company and their customers and a digital gaming software retailer and their customers? Or the difference between a long established company that continues to rise in value vs a recently established one whose largely imagined value continues to drop since they went public? (I suspect ethos will probably be yes, sadly).

The Steam store is not available on any Sony machine, nor will it foreseeably be. Any integration of Steam services (note, this does not include the Steam STORE) was introduced to allow Valve to deliver updates to Valve games released on Playstation without Sony interference and therefore deliver better customer service.

One again, the Steam Store does not retail Playstation games. Your comment is completely without merit.

21. back_up

games are games watever genre they belongs and developers earns profit
    selling it
    PC gamers are teh casual gamers = fact

the Steam Store does not retail all PC games. Your comment is completely without merit.

22. LOLshock92

@19 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YPjFavgKO5I

23. freedoms_stain

@21, there is a distinction between a “PC Gamer”, generally an individual with a powerful machine that contains a discreet gpu capable of running modern 3D games at high resolution and a Casual Social Gamer who owns an ancient laptop with integrated graphics and plays the odd game of uno on facebook. I know, it’s hard when things aren’t black and white, but I assure you shades of gray do exist.

I never claimed nor implied that Steam were the sole retailer of anything. Feel free to dance around the point rather than addressing it though. What was the point again? Oh yeah, PC gamers made Gabe Newell a billionaire, managed to contradict that statement yet?

24. back_up

no they are all PC gamers

Feel free to dance around the point . What was the point again? Oh yeah,
    sony strategy is always best (@7)and they sony is billionaire
    managed to contradict that statement yet?

25. OrbitMonkey

Sony strategy…. Put pc architecture in a shiney new box… Well it worked for the other guys ;-)