Witcher 2 animation video catches you up on the story since Witcher 1

Tuesday, 3rd April 2012 14:05 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

CD Projekt RED has released a new animation video for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings – Enhanced Edition which summarizes the events which preceded it in The Witcher. If you haven’t played the first game, you may wish to avert your eyes if you plan on doing so in the future. The video contains some spoilers. Witcher 2 Enhanced is out April 17 for PC and Xbox 360.

1. ManuOtaku

I would rather love if they do port the number one as well IMHO

2. BULArmy

Even in 5 minutes the story of W1 sound 10 times better and epic, than that of the sequel, which is absolute shame. And that is just a fast recap, in its full beauty it’s 100 times better.

3. DSB

@1 I really don’t think so. If you play The Witcher 2 first, you really don’t want to play the first one.

I forced myself through it to catch up on the story, but it’s several classes below the sequel. The best thing about it was that it really lowered my expectations for The Witcher 2, so it was that much more of a surprise.

@2 How do you reckon?

The Witcher 1: Two James Bond villains try to steal the Witchers secrets, while Geralt and his friends try to protect Anakin Skywalker. With very familiar results.

The Witcher 2: A secret society hunts the kings of the world, creating a power vacuum that slowly pushes those nations to war with eachother, on behalf of an unknown third power, when Geralt is suspected of murder, and forced to hunt the killers with the help of royal special forces or the Scoia’tael guerilla.

I guess it depends on what you like. I thought the first one was a B-movie. The second one was a genuine thriller.

4. abbe

@3, you pretty much nailed it perfectly.

5. back_up