Lords of Shadow producer teases Castlevania news

Tuesday, 3rd April 2012 04:49 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Castlevania: Lords of Shadow procuer David Cox hasn’t been shy about his desire for a sequel – and seems to be prepping to make an announcement.

“Today and tomorrow I am in the land of Dracul. What am I doing there? You will see,” Cox said on Twitter.

Suspicions immediately turned to an impending Castlevania sequel reveal, but Cox refused to give further clues.

A new Castlevania game has been expected for some time, thanks to Cox’s obvious enthusiasm for the franchise and Lord of Shadows’ strong sales and reception. Developer Mercury Steam has hinted that it has another Konami collaboration in the works.

Cox hasn’t been shy about foreshadowing Castlevania news in the past; he teased Lords of Shadows DLC announcements, for example.

Lords of Shadow released in late 2010.

Thanks, Joystiq.

1. osric90

Damn, a Lord of Shadow II would be so awesome. I loved the first game and I’m sure gonna love this second… if they fix all the probs. the first one had; some control, weapons variety, RPG depth, real-time cutscenes, too many MGS winks, not a lot of extras. I would love it to have guns too, but RARE like in Aria and Dawn of Sorrow. A little better character development would be nice too (narration covered too much character info in the first game). Other than that, Lords of Shadow (graphics, acting, lenght, MUISC) was a masterpiece.

2. back_up

i saw PC gamers whining in konami forums back for PC port for MGS and Castlevania
    PC community is such a loser

3. Telepathic.Geometry

Lords of Shadow WAS a masterpiece. :)

Hope this rumour turns out to bear fruit.

4. Erthazus

Since when Lord of shadows was a masterpiece? http://www.metacritic.com/game/playstation-3/castlevania-lords-of-shadow

In my opinion it was an ok game with mediocre combat and not the best narrative story.

5. The_Red

Agreed that it was ok but for few different reasons: Ok combat, nice world and HORRIBLE narrative and story.

6. LOLshock94

better be castlevania lords of shadows 2

7. daytripper

loved certain elements of lord of shadow so i would certainly be interested in a sequel

8. LOLshock94

@4 when did reviews ever make a game a masterpiece?

9. absolutezero

Lords of Shadow needed to be its own game instead of ripping off literally everything it did.

God of War chain like weapons and that God awful SotC “tribute”.

I did like Patrick Stewart rambling on about shit though that was cool.

10. TraceableX

THIS IS AWESOME AND HATERS GONNA HATE

This reminds me to get loS DLCs, but I heard they are disappointing.