Bungie.net Halo services closed after 235K years of play

Monday, 2nd April 2012 01:16 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Bungie has relinquished all Halo player data services. Check out the whopping statistics the studio gathered over the years, and read its heartfelt thank you to fans.

“We have followed your careers with great interest here on Bungie.net, and you have gifted us a mountain of heroic moments to memorialize. It is with a sense of awe that we step back and admire the impact that you have had on our games, and upon our studio. Thanks for sharing your stories with us,” a farewell post on Bungie.net said.

In the close to eight years that Bungie hosted the network and gathered data, over 20 billion Halo matches were played. Total play time accounted for over 235,000 years.

“In the collective time you’ve spent playing Halo you could have travelled across the expanse of the Milky Way at the speed of light – and back,”

“Thank you for being the brightest stars in our galaxy. Thank you for making Bungie.net your community home these many years.

“See you starside.”

Moving forwards, Microsoft and 343 Industries will host all statistics and player record services, and Bungie Pro has been retired. The next release in the Halo franchise is the 343 Industries-developed Halo 4, expected during the holidays.

1. LOLshock94

:,(

even thou bungie went extremely lazy on halo reach it still wasn’t as lazy as criterion did to burnout paradise

2. Talkar

Figures you would like Halo x)

3. psxman

Watermark doesn’t really work here…

Halo 3 was the only online shooter I ever liked, likely due to the colours, the speed, the explosions, simplicity of play and the sticky grenades.

How I loved the sticky grenades.

Haven’t played it for a good 4 years now, but it still holds the title.

4. ejams

#3 I know how you feel. I’m not sure if it’s the best online shooter I’ve ever played, but it’s definitely up there. I think what really kept people hooked in to it was that there were no loadouts or levelled unlocks. Everyone who played in the game had an equal opportunity to get the weapons and such. Kept each match fresh. And yeah, those colours :) I never played Halo Reach though, after Halo 3 I knew nothing could compare.

5. albo88

i will love to see halo 4 story as an mass effect fps

6. back_up

bungie left halo because they are afarid of GG’s killzone

7. endgame

@1 What? Burnout Paradise was quite good actually. I enjoyed it’s diversity.

8. aseddon130

@1 yeah becuase them games are completely comparable … and Burnout Paradise was one of the best games released this generation, over 150 hours spent in that game and i loved every minute of it.