“Cool” RAGE and Skyrim “news and surprises” expected in April, says Bethesda

Saturday, 31st March 2012 21:25 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bethesda’s Pete Hines has teased RAGE and Skyrim fans on Twitter by stating that during the month of April, we can expect “some cool news and surprises.”

What these surprises are, he didn’t say, otherwise it would have been fact instead of a tease.

As to when we can expect said goodies, he only said to “stay tuned.”

The latest word on Skyrim, is patch 1.5.26, which was released on Steam yesterday and still in the certification process with Microsoft and Sony.

As for RAGE, John Carmack said earlier in the week id would release the 64-bit executable for the game eventually, without providing a specific time frame; however, news on the mod tools would be revealed “soon.”

At least now we have something extra to look forward to in April other than taxes, even if it’s just an announcement of an announcement.

Thanks, EvilAvatar.

1. Talkar

If the announcement, whatever it is comes tomorrow, i won’t trust a word they say, unless they say it again after the 1st of april has passed *1 hour 15 minutes to paranoia mode = true* xD

2. Stephany Nunneley

Yeah, thank the lord April Fool’s is on Sunday, my day off, and I don’t have to deal with it. :D

3. Edo

Hey Bethesda,how about telling us what the f**k is going on with Prey 2 !?!?

4. Maximum Payne

What the point releasing anything now for rage ?

5. absolutezero

Rage had fans?

I thought they were disappointeds.

6. pukem0n

i thought Rage was quite good, a marvelous technical achievement to say the least.
    well, some gameplay mechanics were quite dull, like the driving around after the first hour.
    the shooting also was the same over and over again, but thats to be said for any shooter really.

still, i thought it was a great game

7. Judicas

@5 the people who managed to play it, without problems, loved it! great game! (except for the ending, let’s not talk about that).

8. Phoenixblight

Uh no I didn’t have any issues of the game besides the very first day due to the GPU manufacturers not putting out new drivers. THe game was dull and boring all aspects of the game were there just to be there. There was absolutely no cohesion between the systems of the game. I was so glad that I was able to return the game for full price and able to by Arkham City instead otherwise that would be 50$ of wasted money.

9. DSB

The graphical issues were the least of its problems in my opinion.

They certainly were serious, but the game itself just felt pretty dead. The NPCs had no personality, the story was just plain dumb, and the guns were pretty tame.

I had no desire to work for any of the people I met, and yet my silent protagonist just kept being strung along by people he didn’t know, so he could fight some more people he didn’t know. It just made no sense.

It was pretty and it did have very detailed scenery, but that just serves to make it a pretty husk.

Between Borderlands and Fallout, I don’t see any reason to get RAGE. Definitely my worst investment of last year.

10. xxJPRACERxx

I just LOVE Rage. I just love all Id games. There’s something in Id games that just click with me. Probably the shooting mechanics. Very precise and direct. Very satisfying. And I really like the gfx, both technically and artistically. RAGE is my best FPS of last year with Crysis 2 a close second. I can’t wait for the mod tools and Doom 4!

11. back_up

rage is good but ID could have done it more