Report – Campaign development on Turtle Rock FPS Wild in the works

Friday, 30th March 2012 16:59 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

THQ’s Jeremy Greiner has said on Twitter he is “starting work on the campaign for his next FPS,” which he said is being made by Left 4 Dead developers Turtle Rock. Back in June 2011, THQ boss Danny Bilson mentioned Turtle Rock was working on a FPS called “Wild”, information on which has been scarce ever since. The game is being built using CryEngine 3. Big thanks: RipTen.

1. Maximum Payne

Sounds like wining combo.
    love how more games will use Cryengine like:This, Sniper ghost warrior 2,Homefront 2… I am sick of UE3.

2. Christopher Jack

May re-download L4D2 tomorrow. I’d ask anyone to let me know whenever they’re up for a game but being Australian, I’ll have a fairly high ping considering that most of you will be playing on Euro & US servers.

3. Yoshi

It’ll be good to see what Turtle Rock are capable of with developing on their own. With L4D1 Valve smoothed over all the rough edges of the game, but the downfall of L4D1 was on Turtle Rock’s part. They pretty much tightened the box so it was insanely difficult to improve and upgrade the game… hence the arrival of Valve’s sole developed L4D2

@2 I’d still give a mention, I’m sure we have people willing to play :)

4. The_Red

Seriously? L4D2 was a disappointment compared to the original so unless I missed something, it’s the Turtle Rock people that did the best job. Seriously, aside from a few amusing achievements, L4D2 had nothing compared to the original in terms of fun.
    New infected types were lames, level design was weaker and the characters were more cliched.

5. tmac2011

i liked left 4 dead 1 alot better, 2 was expected for a sequal but if they make a 3 make it like the first one, but with added stuff