MW3: VG247 triumphant against EG forces – video

Friday, 30th March 2012 07:50 GMT By Johnny Cullen

My friends, it gives me great pleasure and honour to say we not only won the battles, but we won the war against the difficult but beatable Eurogamer forces at Modern Warfare 3. There’s audio/visual evidence past the break too.

In a night where dreams are made, names become legend and bullets were fired, VG247 came out on top against the Eurogamer forces at Modern Warfare 3 on the Content Collection 1 Map Pack. I’m not gonna lie: they needed to be stopped. Thankfully, they were.

We had a great bunch of guys on our team that shot EG guys, including operations director Tom Bramwell and community manager Tom Champion in the face lots of times. Shout out to G1GAHURTZ, JimFear-666 and occasional VG247 contributor Lauren Wainwright on that department.

if I can’t mind your name and you played with us last night, you did yourself and us proud. Be proud today, soldier; more so as it’s Friday.

VG247′s video editor Sam Clay put up four matches from last night’s event on our YouTube for everyone to see our glorious victory. Get a highlight reel of them below. I think EG’s going live with its footage today.

In all seriousness, we had a lot of fun, so hopefully it’s something we’ll do again. Watch EG later on this morning as they’re going to be giving out codes to CoD Elite to some of the better-performing players from last night.

Last night was a victory! It was a victory for one and a victory for everyone! Whatever you do today, go out there with a smile on your face, knowing you helped win a war last night.

Johnny Cullen,
UK News Editor
March 30, 2012

1. G1GAHURTZ

LOOOOOOOOOOOL!!

Sorry, I got invited to a barbeque yesterday, so I could only make the last couple of games.

Was loads of fun though…

2. Patrick Garratt

I’ll play next time. Couldn’t make it. Very glad we won, though!

3. Sam Clay

I’ll clean up these videos. I just put them up literally as they were played last night.

Incoming video of music and guns.

4. G1GAHURTZ

Yeah, we needed you, Pat.

5. Johnny Cullen

Okay, can JimFear-666 and the peeps with the gamertags SF Eclipse and BADMANJIM email me at johnny@vg247.com? I might have a nice treat for you if you say please. :)

6. Psychotext

/thumbs up

7. GrimRita

Congrats all. @2 Was there ever any doubt? Eurogamer are full of pussy cats haha.

8. Sam Clay

Updated with 60 second highlight reel.

9. Kabby

A great community initiative. Good call.

8/10 :D

10. absolutezero

Being as I am the passive agressive nutcase around here I would rather like to see some sort of co-op play.

I know its unfashionable to prefer working with people instead of killing them but thats just how I roll.

11. DEADEYES

How to join u guys? :)

12. Johnny Cullen

Eurogamer’s just gone live with its reel. :D

13. JimFear-666

can you blur my name when they show me being killed please? My ego dont like that.