Battlefield 3 PS3 DLC offers shortcuts to unlocks

Wednesday, 28th March 2012 01:08 GMT By Brenna Hillier

In a move which has so far attracted surprisingly little nerdrage, DICE has released three piece of DLC for the PlayStation 3 version of Battlefield 3, allowing players to skip all that tiresome levelling.

The three new pieces of DLC were listed as “various add-ons” in Sony’s update, but The Battlefield Blog has more details:

• Kit Shortcut Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items unique to the four playable classes
  • Vehicle Shortcut Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items for all vehicles
  • The Ultimate Bundle: Immediately unlocks all items from all other available shortcut packs

DICE describes the DLC as “the perfect way to gain some ground on the veterans online” for those who are new to the popular shooter.

The DLC is available now on the US PS Store and will presumably reach other territories in the weekly updates. No word on whether the PC and Xbox 360 will be graced with a similar offer.

Thanks, Ausgamers.

1. Overdos3

I hope that this will never come to pc … What a stupid dlc

2. DSB

With BF3s pacing (or lack of same) I don’t mind that at all.

3. JackTheFaux

Well, this is no-doubtedly coming to the 360. I doubt that the PC players will get it. Lucky bastards. They did the same thing to Bad Company 2. Isn’t unlocking this stuff part of the fun of ranking up? And to think, DICE actually said it would take more than 100 hours to unlock everything in a kit. Yeah, 100 hours, or five to ten dollars.

4. LOLshock94

You’re out of touch
    I’m out of time
    But I’m out of my head when you’re not around

5. ItsFade

Personally I prefer to unlock stuff the regular way but I don’t mind that people with a lack of time having the ability to buy the unlocks.

I’m mind-blown at how much it costs to unlock everything however like 39.99$ for everything? That’s more than what the game costs at most retailers. That’s some classic EA type shit right there.

6. KAP

For those of you that say its stupid, what’s da point, blah blah blah – the game doesn’t end once everything is unlocked. The game actually just starts.
    I looked on PSN and 20 people paid for the full unlock from the ratings.

This DLC might not be for you but for those that doesn’t have the same amount of gaming hours in the week as you it’s ideal.

A very kool idea.