VG247 pushes on original video with Sam Clay signing

Wednesday, 21st March 2012 09:50 GMT By Staff

We’re levelling up. VG247 is delighted to announce this morning that Sam Clay’s been signed as a video editor, meaning you’re going to get tons more original video content from now on.

Sam Clay, VG247′s new video signing.

VG247 is delighted to announce a far-reaching content deal with video editor Sam Clay this morning. This close partnership will see Sam providing daily, original video content for VG247 and its YouTube offering.

Clay, a well-known face on the UK PR scene, contributes video content to TV show Playr, runs video-based site XG247.co.uk and has produced work for Gamespot UK.

Said VG247 editor Patrick Garratt: “Signing this deal with Sam comes at exactly the right time for VG247. Video production is a key growth area for VG247 as a news service, and we couldn’t be happier with Sam’s skills.

“Working with Sam will help us dramatically bolster our YouTube offering, an essential move for us as a content-based dotcom. This is the first of a string of announcements we have planned for this year, which promises to be VG247′s most exciting yet.”

Said Clay: “I’m incredibly excited to partner with VG247. It’s an amazing opportunity for me to work with some of the best writers and journalists in the industry, and allows me to create video content that will be watched and enjoyed by thousands.”

Contact Sam at sam.clay@vg247.com.

VG247′s YouTube channel currently serves approximately 1.3 million video views per month.

1. Patrick Garratt

Very pumped about this. I’m all about the moving pictures on the internet.

2. Joe Anderson

Well Done Sam :)

3. Johnny Cullen

I’m not gonna lie, I am pretty intimidated by that headshot.

4. Crazyreyn

Congrats guys!

5. The_Red

Nice. Also, @Johnny, that IS one hell of an intimidating headshot.

Looking forward to crazy VG247 video features.

6. G1GAHURTZ

What!??

I hope this doesn’t mean the end of watching Pat play shooters…

It’s one of the highlights of the internet!

7. Patrick Garratt

I will still play shooters on the internet. It’ll be impossible to stop me.

8. Alex Donaldson

Congrats Sam. Great to see more expansion!

9. Deacon

Go team!

10. Colin Gallacher

Congrats Sam :)

11. G1GAHURTZ

@Pat:

Awwww… But I can’t watch.

12. Sam Clay

Cheers guys! :)

13. Chockster

CONFIRMED: Return of bulletcast.

…and congrats Sam :)

14. Rain

Nice Pat.Its great that you got Sam on VG247 staff.
    So,What sort of content and features we can expect?

15. absolutezero

I would vote for a Let’s Play weekly segment of some sort. Pick a game play through all of it with some commentary.

(Basically just copy Giant Bomb)

Only choose good games and not be unfunny!

GO GO GO

16. Sam Clay

@15 – I’m going to set up a forum post for you guys to discuss what sort of content you’d like to see.

@13 – It’s like you know something! ;)

17. DSB

Be nice to Mr Sam.

Are you funny Sam? Because if so, picking the most awkward moments out of games and making a highlight reel with some snappy commentary would be something I’d watch.

Like the worst, most poorly written line, freezeframed for 30 seconds after the fact so everybody can savor it.

18. triggerhappy

Yes, I miss my morning BulletCast LOLOL

This is definitely a good direction for vg247 to be headed in… just when I thought I couldn’t love this site any more ;)

@ Sam: I take it you’re responsible for the Operation Racoon City vid with the cool vg247 splash screen at the beginning??

19. Sam Clay

@17 I quite like the idea of adding commentary to awkward moments/cut-scenes – Or stating the obvious.

@18 Yes, indeed I am responsible for said video. And yes, you will love the site more.

Made a Forum post to discuss video stuff!