PC patch for save corruption released for Batman: Arkham City

Tuesday, 20th March 2012 17:52 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Rocksteady Studios has released a patch addressing corrupt save files for Batman: Arkham City PC, but unfortunately, the studio has said it cannot “guarantee that all lost saves will return.”

Other fixes include:

• Achievement re-locking issues.
  • Crossfire/SLI Issues.
  • Error messages removed when patching the game and improved patching process.
  • FPS improvements when running crossfire.
  • Graphical flickering.
  • Improvements to performance in cut scenes and death taunts.
  • Instances of 32 bit memory problems.
  • Occurences of Save File Corruption.

The patch is out now on Steam and will land on GFWL and Origin “soon.”

1. DSB

With Gotham City Impostors, there was the suggestion that all patches needed to be certified by Microsoft for Games for Windows Live.

Does anyone know if that’s how it actually works?

Do these developers really finish a patch and have to suffer Microsoft rubbing their dicks all over it for a month or more (80% of which is undoubtedly spent doing fuck all) before it gets a chance to release?

If true, there’s absolutely no excuse for using a system like that. All it does is make customers do paperwork, and leave broken games unpatched for no reason at all.

2. deadstoned

Any game that uses GFWL must undergo Microsoft Certification causing a 1-2 month delay in patches. Depending on who you talk to. They said in the forums MS was the one delaying things.

I dont know why some devs and publishers continue to use GFWL when its only benefit now is porting XBL code. Pretty lazy of them really.

3. DSB

@2 I was hoping it wasn’t true.

Really, that puts it squarely on the same shelf as Ubisofts DRM. 100% hostile to paying customers.

4. ManuOtaku

#1,2 I dont know much about this, but if i dont recall wrong the patch on the 360 was the first one that did arrive(gotham city impostors), on top of that it did release prior the initial march release window, so maybe this has something to do with this

5. DSB

@4 Right, and PSN took even longer, but that doesn’t help us on the PC.

I suspect they either have seperation between Xbox and PC, or they have the same team looking at the patch, one by one.

I’ve heard rumors that Games for Windows Live isn’t even staffed at the moment.

Whatever the answer is, it takes maybe 7 days tops to roll out a patch like this once the issues are confirmed. The guys behind Bastion took 24 hours to fix the game on PC when it was first released.

That’s the difference between Steamworks and GFWL, squared.

There’s no excuse for taking three times as long to look it over.

6. YoungZer0

Great. Apparently people who play the game with a different language have to wait a little bit longer, because my german version isn’t patched yet.

7. DSB

@6 That’s because we won the war, shut up.

I’m kidding. I hope that wasn’t too offensive, I just couldn’t not do it. Entschuldigung.

8. YoungZer0

@7: You’re lucky i like denmark! Next time you pull something like this, i’ll throw Kugelschreiber and Schmetterlinge at you!

9. Len

I’ll believe it when I see it, totally knackered game. Grumble, grumble…