Witcher 2 360 Dark Edition sold out in Europe

Friday, 16th March 2012 15:47 GMT By Dave Oshry

Yep.  Sold out.  Except in Poland where CD Projekt has produced extra editions for their countrymen.  How nice of them.

The game won’t be out on Xbox 360 for another month (April 17) but this coveted edition of the award-winning RPG has already sold out in in pre-orders.

CDP business development VP Michał Nowakowski said:“We are really pleased, that the Dark Edition was so well received by gamers.  We’re half way from the beginning of the pre-orders to the premiere and already European gamers bought all of the Dark Edition  copies.

“You can still buy the Enhanced Edition of the game, which is more than a standard edition of an Xbox game containing the game, official soundtrack, quest handbook and world map.”

For a closer look at what you won’t be finding in Europe, check out this unboxing video:

1. Moonwalker1982

Holy cow, that is the reason why the dark edition was simply not available for pre-order in any stores here. Ah well, i’ll go with the normal one. But GREAT for CDP, awesome news. This means plenty of people are waiting for a hardcore RPG.

2. Talkar

I wouldn’t go as far as to say The Witcher 2 is a hardcore RPG, but it is absolutely the best Single Player RPG i’ve played in the last few years.

3. DSB

Very much an action RPG in my book, but I agree, it sets the bar for how good they can get.

Be there or be square, Xbox installbase.

Holy crap, you get a Witcher medallion? I’d hate being such a demonstrative nerd, but I totally would wear that.

4. thesamy

im happy that a lot of people buying it great freaking RPG ! got it to the PC worth every $ i payed!

5. Maximum Payne

@2 Combat is hard,story is not that easy to follow (like:” hey here is a bad guy, here is good guy, help him no help them”…) there is no big yellow arrow to point where to go next,potions can be drink only before fight…

6. reask

I just don’t seem to be able to get in to rpg games.
    Maybe its my age but of the ones I played I have only finished 2.
    I still have skyrim sitting there and have not been back to it in ages.

I finished mass effect 1 and was quite bored by the time I got to the end.
    fallout 3 the same.
    They all seem to do the same thing really, do a quest level up etc etc.

Not putting them down but I really find it hard to get in to the various worlds involved.
    I was going to get this one but with the hype of skyrim and then been bored with it I will probably give this one a miss.

Sorry for the mini rant folks I am just bored with gaming at the moment and find myself finishing less and less games.

I keep thinking to myself wtf is the difference here to the last game I played.
    UC3 disappointed me as did gears 3 and I wonder sometimes is it just me or is the industry getting jaded.
    I mean mw3 was a joke on the sp part of things it was trying to be a movie more than a game.
    The mp was just a rehash of other cods with a few new things thrown in such as kill confirmed.

Anyway rant over so just ignore me and move on. :)

7. Talkar

I didn’t say it was a bad game, quite the opposite actually. And i agree with most of your points. However the combat isn’t hard, it is above average, yes, but it isn’t hard at all.
    And yes, i completed the game on Insane difficulty. http://steamcommunity.com/id/talkar/stats/TheWitcher2/?tab=achievements

8. DSB

@6 Those are really the massproduced titles though.

The Witcher 2 is sort of the antithesis to Skyrim, Fallout and the original Mass Effect in my opinion. It’s a lot more contained and while the formula is virtually the same, the areas are smaller it does a far better job of sucking you in.

The formula is a lot closer to Mass Effect 2, but with better craftsmanship all the way around. The action is worthwhile, the writing is worthwhile, but it’s still pretty streamlined in how it presents those things.

Most importantly though, it doesn’t treat you like a child. That was always a problem for me with similar titles. The sex was toothless, the choices were always black and white, and a lot of the scenes were really overplayed. This is the opposite of that in my opinion.

I’m obviously joking here, but if you play The Witcher 2 and don’t like it, then you’re definitely the problem :P

9. _LarZen_

I have secured a Dark Edition, gonna sell it for 3 times the price of it :P

10. reask

@dsb
    LOL I hear what youre saying and part of it probably is me.
    I was interested in this game when I first saw it so I might rent it for a week to try it and then pick it up after that.

I was using gears and uc as an example as I loved gears 2 and uc 2 I actually platted uc2 and never got bored doing it.

I finished gears 3 on the highest diff setting prior to unlocking the highest diff and it was just too easy for my liking, OK I hit a couple of spots but overall it was a breeze.

UC3 just wasn’t as good as 2 imho I mean it was as if nd were more concerned with the script than the game.

Thanks for the heads up any way dsb.