MS: No new Xbox for E3, 2013 launch reported by Bloomberg

Thursday, 15th March 2012 20:36 GMT By Dave Oshry

All those rumors of the next Xbox being revealed at E3 2012?  Microsoft PR says they’re just that.

According to tweets from Bloomberg’s Dina Bass (spotted by MCV) David Dennis, the head of corporate PR for Microsoft has stated that, “There will be no new Xbox hardware to be shown/discussed at E3 or anytime soon.  For us, 2012 is all about Xbox 360.”

According to Bass, these statements were made to Bloomberg via email.

A story has since appeared on Bloomberg itself, which says they have been told by sources that the console may be revealed at E3 2013, but no earlier.

1. Razor

It’s all just mind games at this point.

2. The_Red

Lame. What’s the fun in that? Come on! Bring in the tech demos, speculations and other crazy things surrounding new systems.

3. fearmonkey

I never thought it would be for sure announced this E3, but I did believe it would be released 2013, so maybe 2014 is correct? If true, that is a long time to let Nintendo’s Wii-u be out there.
    I guess it’s possible that they could have a press event in 2013 prior to E3 2013 and still release that year but thats not typical.

4. Dave Oshry

@1 Don’t you mean: http://youtu.be/mFQG6OOQmh8

5. Ben

This seems fairly logical: why announce a new console in the same year you have Halo 4 coming out for the current console?

6. El Homer

And what comes next? Sony is way ahead with new titles coming as The Last of Us, Quantic Dream`s new project, Sorcery… this will be a poor year for Microsoft.

7. Dragon246

@Ben, you know why I dont like xbox , because they cater to just a particular audience – shooter loving people, whereas sony has exclusives covering many different genres and many of them aregood or even better than xbox exclusives. Investing only Halo 4 for one entire year does not make sense to me.

8. mistermogul

I thought they didn’t comment on rumour or speculation!?

9. Ben

@6 & 7: I wasn’t trying to comment on their game strategy, merely suggesting why, from a business perspective, they wouldn’t want to overshadow something like Halo 4.

I agree, they do need to invest in more new IP. Hopefully Harrison can help them see the light..