First batch of Gotham City Imposters DLC now available on PC

Tuesday, 13th March 2012 12:37 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

The first batch of Gotham City Imposters DLC is now available on PC, now that it’s Xbox 360 exclusivity period has ended.

The pack includes:

• Matchmaking Fixes: Numerous additional fixes to matchmaking have been made, including join-in-progress functionality.
  • New Maps, Weapons, Gadgets and More: The 25th Floor map, the Kingmaker and Falcon Blade weapons, the Toxic Gas Support Item, and a new Fun Fact are all available right now.
  • New Costume Choices: Dress up your Impostor like a lunchador, a corporate schlub gone mad, and more.

No word just yet on the PS3 version.

1. deadstoned

Games not worth it, the matchmaking is broken and uses GFWL. If you want a FPS shooter there’s loads of free ones better than this.

2. ManuOtaku

While i understand how you feel for the GFWL issue,but i think is not a reason for saying that the game is not worth it, the matchmaking problem has been improve a lot,at least on the 360 front, and the gameplay is top notch as always, i find it not linear like most FPS on the market right now, it has rollerblades, gliders for flying, trampolines, grapples,etc, and a lot of crazy support items and weapons, that spice things up in every game match,therefore is like i said it is something especial on the gameplay department, and crazy fun too IMHO, for me is really worth it, especially now with the improvements they had made.

3. CyberMarco

Can someone explain me all the hatred about GFWL? Am I the only one that doesn’t complain about it???

4. freedoms_stain

@3, think of it this way, there are 2 ways to open a window,

1) You release the catch and push it open

2) You mash your head against it repeatedly until you’ve smashed yourself a hole.

GFWL is the 2) of PC digital distribution and social networking, yeah, it works, but compared to the alternatives it’s painful.

5. CyberMarco

@4 Well, I find it really neat to share the achievements with my Xbox gamertag.

6. DSB

I’m surprised that nobody’s reporting on the massive problems with the game.

Both the official and the Steam forums are full of people who are being consistently disconnected every time they try to get a match, or asking for refunds. They simply cannot play the game. I’m having the exact same problem, and both Monolith and Warner Brothers are unwilling to comment on it, instead just forwarding people to the support forum, where we’re left to register the problem without any comment on what’s actually going on. I don’t think they know what they’re doing.

It’s pretty odd that the arrival of this patch would somehow be newsworthy, but neither the botched launch, or the fact that the patch has broken the game for – at the very least – hundreds of people isn’t.

@1 I haven’t heard anyone complain about matchmaking after the patch, and indeed the lobbies are usually filled up within seconds. However, hundreds if not thousands of people are being disconnected every time the game tries to load the match. It’s clearly not hardware or ISP related either, sadly.

@5 To most people achievements don’t justify a system that holds up patches for months just so Microsoft can rub their dicks on it. Steam does the same thing, and they have no problem certifying updates in due time. Microsoft are pretty much stuck in the 90′s.

7. CyberMarco

@7 Maybe I don’t experience those issues because I buy my games 6+ months after they are released, with included DLC and all the bugs fixed.