Battlefield 3 Close Quarters expansion gets first trailer

Tuesday, 13th March 2012 10:15 GMT By Johnny Cullen

EA’s released the first trailer for the Close Quarters expansion for Battlefield 3, announced last week. The map shown in the trailer is called Ziba Tower, and as the video shows, the action is close and intense. Get it below.

The expansion’s out this June, with it out a week early for PS3 owners.

1. Maximum Payne

And the price ?

2. LOLshock94

looks like a couple of cod maps

plus i thought this was an expansion….4 maps….

3. NeoSquall

I have never seen so much destruction and “realistic” explosions on any MW3 map when I played it during the Free Weekend.

4. freedoms_stain

Well that was hella disappointing.

5. endgame

I’ll just copy/paste what I wrote on the Battlefieldo.

Call of Duty!! Now with destructible environment! And 1000 tickets games! Ah well, at least it will keep certain Battlefield players contained.

6. freedoms_stain

I wouldn’t be as annoyed at this as I am if they split 4 Infantry maps over all the dlc packs, but an entire Inf only pack is not really something I want, especially next with another wait for dlc I do want after it.

Honestly thinking of skipping this.

Maybe I’ll get it in the future if they discount it or something.

7. lama

16 players instead of 64 on the pc is just ridiculous.

8. YoungZer0

I seem to be in the minority here, but i enjoy the small maps just as much as the big ones.

9. Tech-N9ne

@8 Me and you both. But that makes us COD noobs, even though I been playing BF for about 8 years now and have never played COD.

I really getting really sick of all the whining over this DLC, the only thing to whining about with BF3 is for a patch to be released soon.

10. OlderGamer

The biggest thing I used to love about BF was the vehicles. But, tbh, in BF3 they are so unbalanced and xploited, that I just don’t enjoy them. My fav map now is metro. I hated it during the demo/beta. But then I only played Rush and it was a horrible experience. Now I play mostly conqst, much better.

This map pack doesn’t look too bad. Too bad for EA, I have moved on. I doubt I will be buying this “expansion”.

11. roni1175

Nicccce. I enjoy operation metro very much and I am glad they decided to produce similar maps with no vehicles

12. shmacko