Kalypso Media and Haemimont Games have announced the latest entry in the strategy title Omerta will be released during Q4.
Titled Omerta – City of Gangsters, the game will focus on the activities of organized crime in Atlantic City in the 1920’s where players take on the role of “a fresh-off-the-boat gangster, as he struggles to make a name for himself and build a criminal empire in a meticulously recreated prohibition-era Atlantic City.”
Gameplay combines strategic elements as players spread their empire across the map. It also contains elements of tactical, turn-based combat with players fighting gun battles with rival gangs and the police.
Here’s the blurb on the gameplay: “The player strategically manages his business and his minions in a real-time format, slowly but steadily increasing his influence over the city. The player sends his henchmen out on missions ranging from assassinating an informant, to raiding a warehouse, springing a friend from prison, robbing a bank, or attacking a rival gang’s hideout. Nobody is above the law in Atlantic City, so it always helps to have a little cash handy to bribe a policeman or pay off a politician.”
Combat focuses on the tactical command of “The Boss” and his henchmen with cover and stealth essential parts of any shootout.
- Historically accurate representation of Atlantic City and its landmarks
- Strategic gameplay allows city overview, planning, expansion and gathering of intel
- Turn-based tactical combat with a cover system and stealth action
- 15 unique player controlled characters each with a unique personalities and backgrounds
- An RPG system for development of player characters and managing their gear
- Competitive and cooperative multiplayer mode with persistent multiplayer gang
- 15+ hours of gameplay in a single play-through
- 20 unique maps visualizing the various districts of Atlantic City
The game is exclusive to PC.
Shots are below.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.