Wed, Mar 07, 2012 | 20:17 GMT
Omerta – City of Gangsters to release in Q4
Kalypso Media and Haemimont Games have announced the latest entry in the strategy title Omerta will be released during Q4.
Titled Omerta – City of Gangsters, the game will focus on the activities of organized crime in Atlantic City in the 1920’s where players take on the role of “a fresh-off-the-boat gangster, as he struggles to make a name for himself and build a criminal empire in a meticulously recreated prohibition-era Atlantic City.”
Gameplay combines strategic elements as players spread their empire across the map. It also contains elements of tactical, turn-based combat with players fighting gun battles with rival gangs and the police.
Here’s the blurb on the gameplay: “The player strategically manages his business and his minions in a real-time format, slowly but steadily increasing his influence over the city. The player sends his henchmen out on missions ranging from assassinating an informant, to raiding a warehouse, springing a friend from prison, robbing a bank, or attacking a rival gang’s hideout. Nobody is above the law in Atlantic City, so it always helps to have a little cash handy to bribe a policeman or pay off a politician.”
Combat focuses on the tactical command of “The Boss” and his henchmen with cover and stealth essential parts of any shootout.
- Historically accurate representation of Atlantic City and its landmarks
- Strategic gameplay allows city overview, planning, expansion and gathering of intel
- Turn-based tactical combat with a cover system and stealth action
- 15 unique player controlled characters each with a unique personalities and backgrounds
- An RPG system for development of player characters and managing their gear
- Competitive and cooperative multiplayer mode with persistent multiplayer gang
- 15+ hours of gameplay in a single play-through
- 20 unique maps visualizing the various districts of Atlantic City
The game is exclusive to PC.
Shots are below.