Rumor: Joe Flanigan “signed on to do” Army of Four

Saturday, 3rd March 2012 22:22 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Stargate: Atlantis alumnus Joe Flanigan has tweeted that he has signed on to do a bit of voice acting in Army of Four for EA.

The first tweet says: “Just signed on to do the new AO4 video game for Electronic Arts. Some splinter from Battlefield. Finally, my kids think I am cool again.”

Then, apparently noticing his gaff that Army of Two and Battlefield are not really the same series, he tweeted: “Actually, showing how distinctively uncool I am, I think I have those games mixed up. Thankgod my kids don’t read twitter.”

Army of Four has been floating around the rumor mill since last winter, when Kotaku published a report stating the next Army of Two game will contain four-way co-op and was in development using DICE’s Frostbite 2 engine.

EA’s announced nothing as of yet about a third entry in the series being in development, but the firm is hosting its GameChangers event at GDC next week – so we may hear more about it then. Or not.

We took screens of the tweets in case EA asks the actor to remove them.

Thanks, AGB.

1. Thalius

“A voice actor named…” should read “Stargate Atlantis veteran…”
    Unless there’s another Joe Flannigan out there :)

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 God is it the same person? /looks

EDIT: yeah, it is. /facepalm

How did I not recognize that handsome face? I attribute it to being exhausted after a grueling week. Yeah. We’ll blame that. Not my eyes. :p

3. VancouverBlade

He’s the guy I want to star as Nathan Drake in any movie version; he’d be perfect for it but seems to be pretty bored of any connection to it. Shame; he’s great in Atlantis.

4. Flan_dinaro18

Joe Flanigan has a great voice but he isn’t just a ‘voice actor’.
    He is an experienced TV actor.
    He was the lead actor in 5 seasons of Sci fi show Stargate Atlantis and played in all 100 episodes of the show.

5. YoungZer0

That’s good news. Army of Two: 40th Day was one of the best coop games i’ve ever played.

6. Maximum Payne

I just hope its not in 2012.
    I really love they pushing Frostbyte engine, good for developers good for gamers.
    @5 Really ?
    How about killing floor,l4d, mw2/3 spec ops ?

7. YoungZer0

@6: I was talking about the fact that you could play through the story with your buddy. L4D is pretty boring, MW2/3 Spec Ops gets tedious and boring fast. Killing Floor’s fun though.