“As an industry, we will pull through,” says GAME CEO

Thursday, 1st March 2012 09:07 GMT By Johnny Cullen

GAME CEO Ian Shepherd has given a rallying call on Twitter following yesterday’s news regarding EA titles, saying the industry would bounce back the ongoing troubles.

The retailer confirmed yesterday it wasn’t to stock Mass Effect 3 ahead of its release next week, with deposits and pre-orders for FIFA Street, The Sims 3: Showtime and Tiger Woods PGA Tour 13 no longer being taken according to an internal memo.

But Shepherd took to Twitter last night, admitting it wasn’t a good day all round, but that the industry would get back to thriving ways.

“Well, a tough day for colleagues and customers, after an excellent Vita launch performance last week – certainly ups and downs at the moment,” he said in one Tweet.

He added: “A lot of feedback, both anger and support – understandable. No-one wins from this, but I’m sure that as an industry we will pull through.”

1. LOLshock94

DIE MUDDA FUCKAZZZZZ

2. Mr-Brett

I’m CEO Shepherd and this is my favourite shop the high street.

3. GrimRita

Its not the industries fault, its GAMES stupid boards fault for not changing and adapting their business model fast enough. The same thing is eating HMV up.

The only down side is, those on the shop floor will lose their jobs thanks to mistakes from the top.

See, you shit on your own door step GAME and now youre paying the price.

4. viralshag

Bye bye GAME.

I better use my points on my card.

5. DarkElfa

Are these the asshats that ruined that awards thing?

6. Joe Musashi

GAME OVER

Continue?

JM

7. viralshag

@5, Nah, that was Grainger Games, I think. I think GAME is usually a sponsor at EuroGamer though, or maybe just have related posters up and about the place.

8. dreamcastnews

I don’t understand all the negative comments fired at GAME recently, constructive commenting like ‘Game should die’ or ‘I hate them’ really baffles me, surely if folk don’t like them; don’t shop there or better still, don’t give any news good or bad about them the time of day?

GAME haven’t ‘hurt’ anybody being on the highstreet and considering they operate in excess of 600 stores in the UK it causes more harm than good them not being around, sure you can pick up games cheaper from Amazon or Play but how pissed off will everyone be once the Postal workers go on strike or severe weather prevent you from getting Call of Duty 2013 Elite Edition with added real firing limited grenade?

It’s horses for courses, everyone moans about GAME Group with their ‘terrible trade prices’ yet, no one remembers that Gamestation will actually price match and beat the likes of CEX or HMV this coupled with the fact that until recently, they have most new releases (unlike Sainsbury’s, Tesco et al) is actually, not half as bad as most make out

The games industry WILL suffer without GAME it’s that simple.

9. Dragon246

I am Commander Shephard and why the hell is this fake shephard not allowing humans to save their homeland? As a spectre I need to report this to cidadel.
    “But Shepherd took to Twitter last night, admitting it wasn’t a good day all round”
    How the hell can it be a good day. The Earth is getting attacked by reapers you know.