OXM teases a “killer sequel” and “spectacular reboot” for next issue

Wednesday, 29th February 2012 17:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

OXM will be announcing a “killer sequel” and “spectacular reboot” in its next issue which hits stands on March 21. It will be an exclusive reveal. Announcement of an announcement and all that. Any guess as to what it could be? We’ve no idea. But the issue will also contain new information on Halo 4, some hands-on impressions with Darksiders II and articles on Skylanders and True Crime: Hong Kong which is now known as Sleeping Dogs.

Meanwhile, German games magazine M! Games is also teasing something 360 related. According to an announcement posted on the last page of its March issue it says (translated by NeoGAF): “Xbox 360 on fire: The four biggest exclusive franchises return”.

1. Edo

So it’s a sequel and a reboot at the same time…

2. Ercarret

Tetris Begins.

3. DuckOfDestiny

If it isn’t Medievil 3, I ain’t interested.

4. Rennie189

Pacman: Origins

5. Edo

Pong Reborn.

6. LOLshock94

killer instinct…only one can dream

7. xxJPRACERxx

I hope for PGR.

8. Moonwalker1982

So not nessecarily a Xbox exclusive? ANyway…here’s the cover!!!!

Nevermind…i now see the pic was already posted.

9. OwningXylophone

@6 Without getting my hopes up too much I think you may be right. It is a “killer” sequel & reboot after all… I guess we’ll find out in 4 weeks.

10. Moonwalker1982

Could be….

Onimusha
    Tenchu

11. ManuOtaku

My vote goes for killer instinct as well, although is the more obvious choice, the thing that makes me doubt this is the splattered blood on the cover it looks like an I or a number, whichever the case i hope for a new killer instinct for sure.

12. fearmonkey

I would think if it was a Killer instinct it would be for MS’s next gen system, that would be a system seller/killer app for some of us.
    Killer instinct wasn’t a gory game (that could change with a reboot though)

The blood splatter indicates its evidently a gory bloody game, Carmageddon maybe?

edit: Thinking about it, Monolith making a new Blood game would be sweet.

13. LOLshock94

OMFG i think i know what this is…CONKER BAD FUR DAY 2

14. The_Red

After seeing what has become of Rare these days, even a new KI doesn’t sound as awesome as it used to (Unless they can prove Banjoo Kazooie Nuts n Bolts was just a fluke and make something as great as their N64 days).

15. xxJPRACERxx

Ok, after seeing the cover it sure is not PGR. +1 for Killer Instinct.

16. Stephany Nunneley

@13 Don’t you DARE tease me like that! I would just die of happiness.

17. fearmonkey

http://www.baldursgate.com/ Ahh – i missed the article posted earlier about this, probably not related then.

18. DSB

Well we’ve got Baldurs Gate and Sim City 5 coming up soon, but those are PC games (at least traditionally).

The picture doesn’t really give a lot away. Could it be Condemned or maybe Blood? Monolith aren’t working on anything officially are they?