Gravity Rush gets June western launch – new trailers

Wednesday, 29th February 2012 15:09 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Sony’s announced that Gravity Rush will launch in Europe for Vita on June 13 as a download on PSN and at retail on game card.

It’ll launch in the US the previous day on June 12.

The action title, made by Studio Japan and ex-Silent Hill creator Keiichiro Toyama, sees a young girl known as Kat struggle to remember who she is, but is able to control gravity.

The game released in Japan earlier this month, with Sony announcing this morning it’ll begin a three week DLC course for it from March 22.

This is one of, if not, the most exciting prospect for PlayStation Vita, as I said at the start of the year.

Watch two new trailers for it – a gameplay-based video and an amazing live-action clip – below the break.

1. absolutezero

Good news that its getting a boxed release, also good news that the NA release is in May and the Vita is import friendly.

Im just a bit worried about that DLC thats been announced. Why is this still an issue?

2. diego-rbb-93

The only Vita game-changer title already avaliable and they delay it till the summer. Hope at least include every single DLC. If not, they are really punching us in the balls.

However, it´s still strange to move on the game on a late date, as I´m sure it should be already translated, at least, to english, for UK. I only find the explanation thinking that they may want to maintain the actual catalogue as it is (few AAA games till summer), in order to give all the companies an oportunity to sell enough all their launched titles, as there are at least more than 30 games fighting between in order to be sold.

3. locus2k1

June :( that’s a painfully long launch window, worth importing Johnny?

4. stockops3

Well least its getting a boxed release! But June wow just under 3 and half months away :/

5. Eregol

Long way away……….

6. Johnny Cullen

@3 It’s tempting, I’ll say that much. Even I’m kinda tempted to do it myself.

7. absolutezero

The NA launch is two weeks earlier, so figuring in P + P it’ll more than likely work out cheaper and arrive about a week and half before the EU release. Ill wait and see what happens with the DLC thats been announced, if it is a sizable amount of new content then I might just wait for the EU release myself. Bleh.

The JP version is obviously in Japanese both Audio and Text. The Chinese version which sometimes comes with English (like the demo from the Hong Kong PSN store) is JP Audio and Chinese Text. So the only real difference is price, the HK versions are nearly always cheaper (Also the booklet is in Chinese/English while the JP one is pure Japanese).

8. Johnny Cullen

I’ve added the two new trailers for it. That live-action one is brilliant.

9. typeface

@7 Actually it’s a day earlier than EU and 3 days earlier than the UK probably since Friday releases are the norm here.
    It’s been currently announced for the 12th in the US. As for importing the first batch of Asian releases didn’t have it in English so if you’re looking for pure gameplay it’s cool. I’m not sure of the second batch but I think it has English.

10. Moonwalker1982

A real shame about europe only getting it on PSN. I don’t know how its gonna work with DLC, but if european DLC can work on a imported (US) version, i’ll probably do that.

11. absolutezero

Yeah when I checked earlier today it still had the May date. No real point in importing the American edition then. Guess Ill just wait and see what that second batch of the HK Edition contains.

12. absolutezero

Moon, it says up there that a boxed Edition will be coming out in the EU at the sametime as the D-load.

Also EU DLC never worked on American PS3 games so I don’t think Vita titles are going to be any different.

13. Moonwalker1982

Oh my…my bad friend. I’m not feeling all too well, and my mind is clearly somewhere else now. Great news!!!!

14. The_Red

WTF? Why would Sony do this? It’s a superb game and the newly released Vita could use an awesome exclusive like that sooner rather than later.

15. polygem

could be a system seller for me…if they release it this summer – in a bundle – with 4 or 8gb memory card for 199 – i would think about a purchase then.