Killzone 3 multiplayer suite coming to PS Store next week

Friday, 24th February 2012 07:58 GMT By Johnny Cullen

The latest PlayStation Blogcast has confirmed the multiplayer suite of Killzone 3 will arrive “standalone” on the PlayStation Store next week for free with a level cap.

Once you reach the cap, you’ll be offered the option to lift the cap and continue playing for $15. It’ll feature all of the maps included as standard.

To reiterate, it’s multiplayer mode only. The single-player isn’t included in this.

This is only for US right now, but we’d likely think this is for the European update next week as well.

1. matirishhh

What is the point when You can get a full retail box version for £14 ? If it was for a fiver that would be something.

2. Gekidami

Play it for free. Like it?; Get the full retail box version for £14. Was that so hard? Are we really complaining about free demos now? I mean, sure this would have been a great idea from launch, but frees frees, now or back then.

3. AJacks92

Frankly, I think is a great idea. Especially for the more popular shooters like CoD and BF, because some people just aren’t into the story and would rather have pure competitive play.

4. matirishhh

Sorry, my bad, I admit I didn’t get the whole idea at first. My mistake. Agreed with the coments above.

5. AJacks92

@4 We understand; I didn’t understand it at first too because it’s such a new concept that’s never really been done before. Glad devs are trying something new without sacrificing integrity.

6. reask

Its a game that should have sold much better imo.
    SP was also very good.