Public multiplayer beta for Starhawk starts tomorrow

Tuesday, 21st February 2012 18:24 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has posted a reminder letting folks know that the Starhawk multiplayer beta will be open to everyone with a PSN account tomorrow, February 22. The firm also stated that in the coming weeks the tester will be updated “a lot” and to expect new maps, vehicles, 32-player max matches, and “more.” Tips on how to report bugs, how to get involved in the beta, as well as a layout of the game’s control scheme and the Scourge map can be found over on the PS Blog. A video announcing the public beta has been released and is posted below.

1. Takeshi

Hasn’t it been public for a while now? I downloaded it a week ago and I am not a plus member.

The game is pretty good although I doubt I fully know how to play it yet. The fact that it’s only out for PS3 is definitely felt. Performance and graphics are both top-notch. Only to be expected of the developers of God of War III.

2. OlderGamer

I was very excited about this. It was one of the reasons I went Plus, so i could play it early. I am sold on Plus, but not on Starhawk.

The more I played, the less I enjoyed the experience. It just felt flat. Like a Halo game but with buildable walls, gates, turrets, launching pads, and a few more things. All of those things are nice, but at the end of the day it felt like I really was playing a Halo game.

I am not some self annointed hardcore omp fps freak, but I really don’t enjoy the twitch arcade aspects of games like this one. A few years ago, maybe, but, and this sounds just like the kind of gamer I said I wasn’t, after playing BF games like Halo, Resistance, and unfortunatly Starhawk feel boring. I crave the tactics, the slower thoughtful pace, the varity, the class interaction/roles, etc.

I played Starhawk, thought it was neat. But its not a purchase for me. I enjoyed warhawk more, but again that might have had to do with enjoying it before I really got into BF. Or maybe SH will improve as time goes on, it is after all a beta still.

3. Se_7_eN

@ OlderGamer – Do you ever not bitch about a game?

Starhawk is amazing IMO, a truly great sequel! Nice job team LightBox!

4. Gekidami

That guy has a really strange way of saying ‘vehicular’. Also, “Whiffed Energy” and “Whiffters”, i guess body odour comes second when you’re mining alien planets.

5. OlderGamer

Loving Kingdom of Amalur right now, 7.

You can have your opinion. I can have mine. And stating em and talking about em here is kind of the idea.

Sure I have games that I enjoy. Starhawk just isn’t one of them. Maybe it will get better as they bring out more content and things open up a bit.