MW3′s Overwatch map now available for Elite Premium Members on Xbox 360

Tuesday, 21st February 2012 14:16 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Major Nelson has posted a friendly reminder letting Call of Duty Elite Premium Members know the February content for Modern Warfare 3 Call is now available on Xbox 360.

Today’s content consists of the Overwatch Map which takes place atop a New York City skyscraper.

Battles will take place along two levels in a new “symmetrical layout” with the central bridge and side routes open to attack from multiple angles.

You will apparently need to watch your step as well, because you can fall to your death.

If you are already premium Elite member, Overwatch and all previous content is included free. After the exclusivity period on 360 ends, Overwatch will be released for PC and PS3.

Along with the update are 400 new ranks and five new Prestige levels for Xbox 360 – the same ones PC players received last week. PS3 users will receive the rank and Prestige update on February 28.

New shots for Overwatch are posted below.

1. DSB

I’m trying to get back on the saddle with MW3 at the moment, but I’m just getting my ass handed to me :P

There are two things I don’t like: The maps seem to be all tight criss-crossing corridors, so it’s nearly impossible to stop guys coming from behind, which is probably why I haven’t seen any higher tier killstreaks yet.

Aaaand shotguns as a primary weapon. That’s such a waste.

Still, it’s ridiculous how fast some peoples reflexes are. I used to think I was hot shit, but I’ve been playing other shooters for the better part of a year. Now I feel like a handicapped kid with no arms.

2. IRISHBULL

First Activision gives the big middle finger to premium Elite PS3 subscribers. But after they gave the middle finger, they then spit in their collective faces with this DLC.

3. OrbitMonkey

@1, I hear your pain… And chuckle ;-) Prestige rank 6 and a 1.88 kdr baby! So I’m above average, thankyouverymuch :-P

The maps are indeed a pain in the rear, quite literally as they have a respawn system that often puts a guy you just killed directly behind you >:)

Seems to me the best strategy (lol, cod strategy) is to keep moving… Like a armed shark. Start using a PP90M1, with maybe akimbo FMG’s for corridors and watch your stats improve.

4. DSB

It almost has to happen when you build the maps that way. People are spreading out in the corridors, running past eachother, so it’s nearly impossible to make the system recognize who’s on what “side” of the map like they did for MW2.

I definitely miss that approach to maps.

The matchmaker is a thing of beauty though. I haven’t had a single glitch in about 2 hours of playing. If Gotham City Impostors had a matchmaker like that I would be a very satisfied FPS player right now.

5. Stephany Nunneley

Three new shots of the map have been added.

6. Mike

Steph! Why aren’t you on MSN any more? :(

7. G1GAHURTZ

Didn’t take me long to get used to things. When I bear in mind that I almost never have a quality connection like I used to, I think I’m doing quite well. If I ever finally manage to get a phone line at home, I’m pretty sure I’ll do much better.

The small maps suit my playing style, and there isn’t a single one that I find myself wanting to skip any time I’m in the lobby.

I’m only 2nd prestige, but I’ve used a prestige token to unlock the P90 from the start, so now I don’t have to grind my way through loads of weapons that I don’t want to use before I get it back.

I’ve not been able to play much at all for about 6-8 weeks, because I’ve been so busy, but I want to go all the way up to 10th prestige again.

Ideally with a decent landline broadband, too.