Wed, Feb 15, 2012 | 20:57 GMT
Japanese charts – Suikoden and Gravity Daze tops for Sony portables
Suikoden and Gravity Daze were big sellers in Japan for the week ending February 12, according to the latest Media Create figures, and while the former provided PSP with a slight boost in sales over the week prior, the later didn’t help Vita sell any extra systems.
Konami’s Suikoden, known in Japan by its full title: Genso Suikoden Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki, moved 61,784 its first three days at market in the region. Usually, a debut title helps boost system sales, but PSP figures were rather flat with a 13 unit difference week-over-week.
Sony’s Gravity Daze was another solid debut with 43,462 units moved. Despite the strong showing however, sales of the title didn’t help move any extra Vita units, as sales for the handheld were down 3,202 units week-over-week.
Last week’s number one, Resident Evil: Revelations, sold 26,106 units on 3DS, a system which also declined in sales. 3DS moved 75,018 units the prior week, compared to 67,558 units - a 7,460 difference.
The only other debut in the top 20 for the week was the PSP title VitaminX Detective B6 from D3, which landed in the 19 spot.
PS2 was the only system to show growth over last week’s 481 units with 1,239 consoles moved.
The full top 20 for the week ending February 12 with LtD sales in parentheses is posted below. Last week’s chart can be found here.
- [PSP] Genso Suikoden Tsumugareshi Hyakunen no Toki (Konami) 61,784 (NEW)
- [PSV] Gravity Daze (Sony) 43,462 (NEW)
- [3DS] Resident Evil Revelations (Capcom) 26,106 (216,241)
- [3DS] Mario Kart 7 (Nintendo) 23,758 (1,484,507)
- [3DS] Monster Hunter 3G (Capcom) 21,318 (1,232,343)
- [3DS] Super Mario 3D Land (Nintendo) 19,673 (1,330,984)
- [PS3] Gran Turismo 5 Spec II (Sony) 12,613 (34,028)
- [PS3] Armored Core V (From) 11,673 (206,354)
- [PSV] Ragnarok Odyssey (Gung-Ho) 8,117 (41,614)
- [WII] Just Dance Wii (Nintendo) 7,896 (534,946)
- [PS3] Soul Calibur V (Namco Banda) 7,519 (41,847)
- [PSP] Photo Girlfriend (Kadokawa) 7,361 (41,456)
- [3DS] Inazuma Eleven Go (Level-5) 7,099 (386,863)
- [PSP] Monster Hunter Portable 3rd PSP the Best (Capcom) 5,955 (191,808)
- [3DS] Rhythm Thief R (Sega) 5,888 (61,925)
- [WII] Wii Sports Resort Wiimote Plus Pack (Nintendo) 5,867 (867,985)
- [WII] Mario Kart Wii (Nintendo) 5,527 (3,505,695)
- [PS3] Dragon Age II (Spike) 5,308 (25,236)
- [PSP] VitaminX Detective B6 (D3) 5,073 (NEW)
- [Wii] Wii Party (Nintendo) 4,654 (2,289,196)
The full hardware chart with last week’s sales in parentheses is below, courtesy of Andriasang.
- 3DS: 67,558 (75,018)
- PS3: 22,002 (23,293)
- PSP: 15,860 (15,847)
- PSV: 13,939 (17,141)
- Wii: 8,206 (8,814)
- PS2: 1,239 (481)
- X360: 1,139 (1,382)
- DSi LL: 957 (1,090)
- DSi: 651 (669)