Bethesda concept artist Adam Adamowicz passes away after battle with cancer

Saturday, 11th February 2012 15:44 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Bethesda concept artist Adam Adamowicz, who created amazing art for Fallout 3, Skyrim and other Bethesda titles, has passed away after a long battle with cancer. The sad news was quietly announced by Pete Hines after Skyrim won big during the Academy of Arts & Sciences awards at DICE. A lovely tribute to the man who helped create some of the wonderful games we enjoy, and written by a fellow concept artist, can be found over on Awesome Robo. Our thoughts and most sincere condolences go out to each one of his family and friends.

1. GrimRita

Sad news indeed. And I have to admit, an extremely creative individual. A nice tribute as well – worth checking out

2. DSB

Never heard of him, but his concept art definitely looked very true to the Fallout universe, and somehow it looks truer to the originals than the games themselves.

I can’t put my finger on it, but it’s probably the comic book feel. I never got that from the Fallouts.

Now that I think about it, they would probably have looked at lot more authentic if they had been celshaded.

3. Edo

R.I.P Adam,and thank you for creating something really special for my favorite game of all time – FALLOUT 3.

4. OrbitMonkey

I loved the art direction of Fallout 3 and having nothing but respect for the man who was the guiding force behind it. Rest easy Mr Adamowicz.

5. Talkar

I can’t say i enjoyed the Fallout 3 game as a succesor to the original fallout games, but i have to agree with the rest of you that his artwork was great!

6. LOLshock94

Very sad news RIP

7. barchetta

Family, friends and colleagues should take solace in the fact he left his mark on a great many people in creating the wonderful imagery found within the games in which he was involved. Certainly, for me, Fallout3 is a high water mark this gen.

8. Dovahkiin

;( when I found out i was sooo upset i stop at alduins wall in skyrim and bowed my head down for 20 mins