Bohemia Interactive has announced the first DLC for Take On Helicopters, Hinds, will be released on March 15, and it promises to contain a more “action-packed” experience.
Take On Helicopters: Hinds includes the Mil Mi-24 V, Mi-24 P and Mi-35 Super Hind helicopter gunships with over 25 different liveries, a new set of single-player challenges, five time trials and a new competitive multiplayer scenario.
“With Take On Helicopters, our goal was to strike a balance between pure gaming – story-driven scenarios, challenges, time trials – and an authentic experience of flying a helicopter,” said creative director Jay Crowe. “Of course, that’s a tough job, but alongside the accessible controls, difficulty settings and optional assists, we’re glad to find a big range of people having fun flying helicopters in Take On.
“After launching the game, we felt there was room to complement Take On Helicopters with a more ‘action-packed’ experience. Our Hinds DLC is perfect for those who are seeking the adrenaline rush of flying a classic military gunship and getting into combat.”
Here’s a list of features:
- Range of Hind variants – Range of Hind variants – Highly detailed models of the Mi-24 V, Mi-24 P and Mi-35 Super Hind helicopters across a range of over 25 different liveries.
- Unique Hind attributes – Faithful recreation of the cockpits, flight model, landing gear and weapon systems.
- Realistic sound effects – Samples recorded from real-life Hind helicopters for an extra level of detail.
- Singleplayer challenges – A set of gameplay challenges showcasing ground attacks and aerial support.
- Time trials – Put the helicopter through its paces in 5 tough timed checkpoint races
- Multiplayer gameplay – New adversarial scenario available over LAN/Internet; battle it out against other Hind teams.
- Pick-up-and-pilot controls – Designed to be played with mouse-and-keyboard, gamepads and joysticks.
- Language support – The DLC is available in English, German, Czech, Italian, French and Spanish.
Hinds will be available for download on Steam, Desura and several other online stores. It will also be available for purchase through the Bohemia Store, where it can also be pre-ordered for €12.99. You can also save €6.99 by ordering the special pre-order bundle, which consists of Take On Helicopters and Take On Helicopters: Hinds for a total price of €46.99.
Sometimes we include links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.