2K “looking into” FOV controls patch for Darkness II PC

Thursday, 9th February 2012 21:06 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

2K Games has said it plans to issue a patch for The Darkness II which will include controls for PC users to change the game’s field of view. This is according to a conversation TotalBiscuit had with 2K, where it was discussed that not allowing PC gamers and option to switch from a narrow, 60 degrees FOV to one that is larger – say 90 degrees – can make things a bit uncomfortable for players. 2K has not formally announced its plans for a patch, but according to the firm’s Elizabeth Tobey, the development is “looking into a solution”. Thanks, GameFront.

1. xino

if you haven’t played this game yet…you shouldn’t be playing FPS!

2. absolutezero

The video that TB released basically makes a mockery of developers claiming that its too difficult to increase the FoV or that it would break the game. He jury-rigged a set up to increase the FoV and nothing changes apart from you stop feeling sick because your eyes are mushed through the screen.

3. Stephany Nunneley

@2 The main reason I can’t play a game with a 1st person perspective 90% of the time on PC – I get physically sick and have vertigo for a bit.

4. DSB

Can’t say I ever had any problems with FOV or motion sickness, but weapon wobble makes me feel angry. For no other reason than it looks retarded.

I reckon late-state parkinsons should exclude you from military service/space marine selection.

5. Stephany Nunneley

@4 Oh lord, yes. The first Portal really messed my balance up. I had a “spinning” sensation for hours afterward.

EDIT: Yeah, go ahead and make the jokes. I’m ready :D

6. DSB

@5 It’s perfectly normal though.

Probably my most embarassing experience was roughly a year ago when I was playing through the first Witcher. After a week or something I started feeling really really dizzy, and the game has some pretty serious graphical distortions when you drink concoctions, so I was like “Holy shit, my eyes are being damaged by this stuff”.

So I completely stopped playing the game. But it didn’t go away, which kinda had me worrying more and more. So then I went to the doctor and he said I had contracted a virus that affected my balance nerve :P

And thus egg met face.

7. unacomn

I played the demo. Surprised it ran on a singlecore from 2006. I cut someone in half using car door.

8. Hunam

Need’s HUD scaling too.

9. Teabag

Man, 2K does have some issue with FOV. If I remember correctly, Bioshock 1 AND 2, had the same problem.

10. LOLshock94

@DSB wait witcher give you a virus in your eye?