Journey development complete, release date TBC

Monday, 6th February 2012 22:55 GMT By Brenna Hillier

2012 just got a whole lot more attractive; Journey is finished.

Thatgamecompany boss Jenova Chen hinted via Twitter that the studio’s latest game, Journey, was complete after three years in development.

Pressed for details by Shack, Chen confirmed the unusual adventure is finished, but said Sony is yet to assign a release date to the anticipated title.

The developer’s third game after flOw and Flower, Journey was pushed back from very tentative dating, but remains high on many a PlayStation 3 fan’s priorities. It features an unique multiplayer experience in which players cannot communicate or identify each other, and may journey together or not as they choose.

You can watch Pat play through the game’s beta from mid-2011 here.

1. absolutezero

Bloody great news.

I can’t wait to find some random person in my desert (or am I in theirs oooooooaaaaaaaooooo) and jump about them singing like an idiot.

I am breaking your immersion and nothing can stop me.

2. KAP

This was the article was waiting for.

Fuck.

3. LOLshock94

played the demo the game fails so hard

4. Talyis

@LOL you haven’t played anything you noob! Go hate somewhere else!

5. LOLshock94

@4 dont feed me boooyyyy

6. Colin Gallacher

@3 & @4

Now now children.

7. dravenkaze

Lol same guy again

8. LOLshock94

@4 i helped make the game and played the beta and it was poo ok dont be a fanboy over a game you havnt played

9. poketrainer

The release date was announced so long ago. by one of the execs from thatgamecompany

10. worntreads

I’ve got a great release date for them…right fucking now.

11. barchetta

Loved Flow. Loved Flower. Played the beta (made a US PSN account for that purpose) and…. Loved that too! Meeting a fellow player across the wastes and working out various interactions allowed higher jumping/flying etc was engaging in a curious but fresh and exciting manner.
    Watched Robin Hunicke’s developer presentation at GameCity Nottingham with a smile on my face. Helped by the fact she is so … engaging. ;)

I am looking foward to this. A bit.

12. Gekidami

Thatgamecompany said they were going to send me a T-shirt, wheres my T-shirt, Thatgamecompany?!