STO Episode 4: The 2800 launches February 11

Saturday, 4th February 2012 12:44 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Perfect World and Cryptic have announced that Episode 4: The 2800 launch on Saturday, February 11. Those versed in their Trekkie lore should be familiar with what the 2800 are – a fleet of Dominion warships piloted by the Gamma Quadrant’s Jem’Hadar. During the Deep Space Nine series, Benjamin Sisko flew the USS Defiant toward a wormhole to intercept this fleet, whereby the prophets Sisko communed with intervened, and made sure the 2800 ships entered the wormhole never to be seen again. In the game, players will be coming to the aide of the Deep Space Nine space station, as the Jem’Hadar attack. Check out the trailer below.

1. Night Hunter

Not to be nit-picky here but where are they coming from. The prophets erased them (out of time I presume) so how are they coming back?

2. Stephany Nunneley

@1 No idea – that is what I was trying to get my head around. Unless, Sisko hasn’t hopped onto the Defiant just yet – and conversed with the prophets on the matter.

3. Night Hunter

@2: Impossible. in the trailer you see them attacking the station but they never made it to the alpha quadrant. Furthermore the game plays about 25 years after DS9 if I remember correctly. Maybe Sisko wasn’t as clear as he’d hoped when he “conversed on the matter”, maybe they just brought them 25 years into the future, which would be pretty dumb, but hey, let the STO players worry about it. Glad I’m not playing it, this would haunt me in my sleep …

4. DarkElfa

@3, You need better sleep then.

5. Stephany Nunneley

@3 Good lord!! I better not let my older brother see this then, and delete STO off the laptop. He already has “issues” with some of the lore in the game, which I will not go into because I do not wish to relive that headache :D :D