Witcher 2 Xbox 360 video diary delves into console development, added extras

Friday, 3rd February 2012 15:08 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

CD Projekt has released a developer video for The Witcher 2: Assassins of Kings which discusses the new quests, locations, and new NPCs included in the Xbox 360 version of the game. The developers also dig into the development of the console version, and explain how it is an “enhancement” of the original version, once again insisting the game isn’t “a port.” Upon release, the game will include all previous updates and DLC content released for the PC version, including the Arena arcade mode and Tutorial. PC users have not been left out either, as all new content included in the 360 version will be released for PC as well. Witcher 2 lands on the console April 17.

1. Maximum Payne

At 3:20 he said ”consoles” hope for PS3 ? :)

2. DSB

I thought the textures looked pretty crap in some of those shots.

Still, 360 gamers rejoice. It’s gonna be awesome.

3. Stephany Nunneley

@1 HAHA! Yeah, I heard that too. I can only imagine what that gorgeous game would look like on Blu-ray and a big screen :)

4. YoungZer0

I’m so happy for dem consoles folks. Witcher 2 is an outstanding RPG that needs to be played by as many people as possible.

5. Edo

Very good game on PC,apart from some minor annoyances(anticlimatic ending, you can steal anything that’s not nailed to the ground and get away with it and the fact that it was said to be open world when it actually wasn’t).

6. YoungZer0

@5: From what i understand the 360 will get a proper ending and so will the PC Version, with a patch.

7. Edo

#6 That’s good to know.

8. fearmonkey

I’ll be getting this day one

9. HighWindXIX

I really hope this comes to PS3. Really really hope. And I hope we find out for sure one way or another before April cause otherwise I’ll be getting that special edition for 360…

10. Kabby