GAME: New releases “being processed” for Friday launch

Wednesday, 1st February 2012 11:51 GMT By Johnny Cullen

GAME is still planning launches for this week’s biggest newest releases, including Final Fantasy XIII-2, the retailer has told VG247.

“This week’s big releases are currently all being processed through our system ready for launch on Friday as planned, including Metal Gear Solid: HD Collection, Final Fantasy XIII-2 and Soul Calibur V, which will all be available in stores and online,” said a GAME spokesperson in a statement.

VG247′s discovered that both MGS HD and NeverDead have been pulled from the GAME website when searched, though. SC5 and FFXIII-2 is still available to order. Konami’s declined to comment.

It comes as MCV reported behind-the-scenes worries it’s facing “challenges” with its credit insurance after an initial a NowGamer report earlier in the morning.

The trade site has said GAME’s financial outscape since the start of the year has “changed significantly,” and is in the midst of working with publishers to help solve its current woes. But the retailer said it has upcoming promotions planned for several upcoming titles.

“We are continuing to work closely with our industry partners and have big plans for further exciting launches.”

The NG report also suggested that staff wages would be held back “in an attempt to boost the retailer’s year end figures.” GAME has said staff who get monthly pay were given their wages yesterday.

“Claims regarding colleagues not being paid are untrue: all colleagues who are paid monthly were paid yesterday (31 January).”

1. shadders

Good-bye GAME. :’(

Apt: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftFVlBaC7hU

2. Johnny Cullen

Konami’s declined to comment on the MGS/NeverDead online pull-outs.

3. Mafro

They weren’t selling RE: Revelations online last week either, wasn’t listed on their site at all. It eventually went up on sale a day or two after launch day.

4. absolutezero

Least this way if Game does die we might see games releasing on Steam at the sametime as everything else.

5. Liamc723

I’ve got the MGS HD Collection pre-ordered with the GAME website, will I no longer receive the game on release?

6. DuckOfDestiny

Despite their stores being very poor, I’ve been rather fond of their online service, other than the new design they’ve updated too.

If anything happens to them, it will be a sad day to see the store in my town being shut down. It’s been there before I was born and I have very fond memories of visiting the store when I was younger.

7. shadders

I think the question should not be whether staff were paid for last month, but whether they will be paid for next month…

8. TheBlackHole

GAME will not be missed by me. Amazon sell a larger back catalogue and numerous online sites sell at much more competitive rates. There are also several excellent independent stores who cover retro gaming etc.

The only losers here will be people who love pre-owned, and those that lose their jobs, obviously.

9. Akira_Tenshi

Final Fantasy XIII-2 was also removed from the site yesterday and has appeared again today minus the collectors edition. My order has still not been processed. I have had nothing but problems with GAME for months, their website is beyond broken. The only thing that made me use them was their exclusive pre order bonus.