Sony announces launch day Vita bundle, extra goodies for First Edition buyers

Saturday, 28th January 2012 15:01 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has announced via the US PS Blog that those who pre-ordered the First Edition Bundle of PS Vita will be handed an AT&T DataConnect Pass good for one free 250MB session, and a PSN game upon activation of the system’s 3G.

The First Edition Bundle already includes either the 3G/Wi-Fi version of the handheld, along with a limited edition case, a 4GB PS Vita Memory Card and Little Deviants.

In addition to the extra present already outlined, Sony has announced an “extremely limited edition” bundle which will include an 8GB PS Vita Memory Card, an AT&T DataConnect Pass and a PSN game for $299.

Sony has also revealed that the Taco Bell promotion announced for Vita earlier this month has commenced. So, while you are eating fourth meal, you can now also try your hand at winning a Vita instead of paying for it.

Vita launches in the US, as well as Europe, on February 22.

1. LOLshock94

all aboard the vita fail train choooochoooo chuck chuck chuck chuck

2. SuperGuyverUSA

Was it me or did the box art on the PS Blog say “Memory Required (Not Included)” then right there next to that it says “8GB Memory Card” in the bundle…

Oh well, this is great! I didn’t pre order mine so this is great news for me. :D

3. sg1974

Pleeease buy a Vita. Anyone?

4. Len

@1 You just made me lol first the first time ever!

Read the comments on the blog, ppl getting well stroppy who have pre-ordered and rightly so I think. Hilariously the OP is trying to convince them that Little Deviants and a case make up for getting stiffed on the price and mem card size.

Also from what I can gather the free AT&T pass only comes in to affect after you’ve signed up, paid and used an an initial month along with their choice of a $9,99 PSN game.

I’ll be looking a the launch day package myself if I do take the plunge. Surely this will cause other retailers to come up with equal or better packages as well?

Getting a bit ugly…

5. Razor

“Hilariously the OP is trying to convince them that Little Deviants and a case make up for getting stiffed on the price and mem card size.”

Dude, it’s Little Deviants?! :D

No, no, let’s be fair, a free game is a free game. It seems to be a good deal, (so I gather), but Sony should have had deals like this ready beforehand and available to all. Now it just looks likes desperation… which of course it is.

6. absolutezero

The UK gets a pre-order pack aswell.

It has some head phones that are blue
    A fiver off a psn game
    and some other rubbish.

SoE are the best.

7. Len

Haha…

8. Stephany Nunneley

The unlock the box Taco Bell contest – where you can win a Vita – is now live as well. The post as been updated to reflect the information.

9. Taggart451

Actually, you are incorrect. Only the First Edition Bundle and the 3G/Wifi versions will contain these new offers; the standalone Wifi model has not received any upgrade. Also, the First Edition Bundle doesn’t come in a Wifi-only model, only the combo.

10. Moonwalker1982

Hold on….i’m in europe and haven’t pre-ordered the VITA. I am getting one though, the store where i’m gonna get it offers those discounts on PSN game, a avatar nobody cares about and some earbuds. I MUCH rather have a memory card though, if i want that …i must get the bundle? I wonder if it will be even available here in HOlland.