Vita demos now available at all GAME and gamestation stores

Friday, 27th January 2012 15:50 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Sony has announced all 600 GAME and gamestation stores will have PS Vita on hand for consumers to sample in the UK.

The top 150 stores will include a dedicated Interactive Display Unit the coming weeks. Every store manager has been sent a Vita unit to “enable them and their staff to demonstrate first hand just what makes the new PlayStation handheld so special.”

This activity coincides with the current PlayStation Vita Rooms in Glasgow which is currently open until January 29. The next Vita Rooms event in London runs February 17 – 22.

Both the event and the store samplings will off demos of titles such as WipEout 2048, Uncharted Golden Abyss, ModNation Racers: Road Trip, Reality Fighters, Little Deviants and Everybody’s Golf.

PS Vita launches in Europe and the US February 22.

1. Colin Gallacher

This is great news!

EVERYONE GO AND HAVE A TRY!

2. OlderGamer

Why can’t the game demos just be for download anywhere?

I don’t get that part, is it a bandwidth issue?

3. DrDamn

Me thinks you misunderstood somewhere along the line. These are in store demo units with demos on. What’s bandwidth got to do with it?

4. ManuOtaku

I think this will be great for vita, if i dont recall wrong this type of publicity wasnt part of the launch of previous Sony consoles, at least it was not that expose as this one IMO, i think this will help the vita as it did helped nitendo with the wii and 3ds.

5. OlderGamer

Yup yer right Doc, I miss understood.

I thought that if you took your system to the store, you could then download the demos. I remember having something like that for one of the gameboys at one point. So I got confused.

6. nikk900

It’s awesome because I get to have the one at the gamestation where I work :)