Sections

Insomniac: Resistance to live on, is “in capable hands”

Friday, 27th January 2012 02:27 GMT By Brenna Hillier

Insomniac Games CEO Ted Price has said the PlayStation-exclusive Resistance franchise will continue even though its original developers have moved onto either projects.

“It doesn’t mean the Resistance franchise isn’t continuing,” the executive assured fans in a video message.

“It’s already in the capable hands of Nihilistic and with Sony’s shepherding it will continue to live on and expand. We’re excited, as fanboys, to see where it goes.”

Price said Insomniac had done all it wanted to do creatively with the shooter series, is set in an alternate timeline in which aliens conquered Earth in the 1950′s.

“A question we’ve gotten a lot through the forums and emails is ‘why?’ Well, we believe Resistance has reached the logical conclusion in terms of the story we wanted to tell,” he said.

Insomniac Games is working on Overstrike, a four-player co-op action game for PlayStation 3 and Xbox 360, and has launched a new casual and social division called Insomniac Click.

Insomniac had been considered an Sony-exclusive developer, and the platform holder told IGN it had had “a long and positive relationship” with the developer.

“[We] wish them the best of success on their new project Overstrike,” a representative said.

“Although we have made no announcements on future products we do still have a working relationship with Insomniac.”

Watch Price’s message in full below.

Thanks, OPM.

Breaking news

3 Comments

Sign in to post a comment.

  1. Brenna Hillier

    I’ve updated with a comment from Sony.

    #1 3 years ago
  2. jdfoster00

    “we do still have a working relationship with Insomniac.”

    hmmmmmm

    #2 3 years ago
  3. fearmonkey

    As a small to medium developer, It would probably get really boring after three titles on the same franchise. It’s more fun to make something new most of the time.
    I’m interested how their multiplatform title will pan out.

    #3 3 years ago