Ubisoft: Next Assassin’s Creed to be “biggest to date”

Thursday, 26 January 2012 13:29 GMT By Johnny Cullen

Ubisoft CEO Yves Guillemot has vowed this year’s Assassin’s Creed will be its “biggest to date”.

Speaking to MCV, Guillemot said the company is “pleased” with its continued success with the franchise.

“Assassin’s Creed is an incredible franchise and there are a lot of expectations that it will continue to grow. We are pleased with our continued success so far: in the US, Assassin’s Creed: Revelations was a Top Ten title for the entire calendar year, which shows that the demand is definitely there,” he said.

But he shrugged off suggestions that yearly installments is doing damage to the series.

“We think that delivering regular instalments and expanding the brand to other platforms will continue to satisfy the demand, while at the same time attracting new fans. And we’re confident that the next instalment of Assassin’s Creed will be the biggest to date.”

Guillemot’s comment could be read between the lines as a hint a 2013 title is basically coming, and not opting to take a break with the series after this year, as we suggested at the launch of Revelations.

Latest