Thu, Jan 26, 2012 | 07:18 GMT
Must Have Games for Windows Phone starts Feb 1st
A new Xbox Live promotion for Windows Phone will provide a range of five self-titled Must Have Games, geared for a staggered release across February.
Mobile platforms are big news, demonstrated with an incredible surge of popularity across many devices. Seeking to continue their push into the market, Microsoft has announced five games to their “Must Have Games” range. Priced to please the casual gaming market, you will be able to pick these up for around $4.99 to $2.99 (in US dollars) a pop.
These portable paragons of gaming will include:
- Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (Electronic Arts) on Feb 1st
- BulletAsylum (Microsoft Studios) on Feb 8th
- Chickens Can’t Fly (Microsoft Game Studios) on Feb 15th
- Splinter Cell Conviction (Gameloft) on Feb 22nd
- Toy Soldiers: Boot Camp (Microsoft Studios) on Feb 29th
As to be expected, these games will come with Xbox LIVE achievements, a leaderboard facility and other social features. You will need a device that can handle Windows Phone OS 7 or later, and some form of data plan will be required. So make sure you take your carrier fees into account.
Thanks, Major Nelson