Gotham City Imposters public console beta goes live with new trailer

Thursday, 26th January 2012 15:58 GMT By Stephany Nunneley

Warner and DC Entertainment have announced the Gotham City Impostors console public beta is now available on PSN and the Xbox Live Marketplace. Those interested in joining the Xbox 360 version can sign up here for a chance to receive a key. The PS3 version is available in the PSN and can be downloaded without a key. The trailer for the beta is posted below, courtesy of Pixel Nation. Gotham City Impostors is slated for a February release.

1. poketrainer

I can’t wait. Early reviews are pretty good so far

2. OrbitMonkey

Hmmmmmmm… Count me in :-D

3. HeavyD-Love

I was not impressed with the beta at all.

4. Lahanas

Has anyone found it on a euro PS Store yet? Or is it only for the US?

5. DSB

I really want this to be good, but I don’t know. It looks pretty old.

6. Sadismek

This looks like a not-so-funny Team Fortress 2. I think I’ll give it a try, though.

7. DSB

@6 Yup, I was thinking the same thing.

Although, trying to be Team Fortress 2 is a lot better than trying to be a lot of other things.

8. fearmonkey

I am kind of confused what is going on with Monolith. They always had great games in the past, Blood, No One lives forever, Shogo, Fear, Fear 2, Condemned and Condemned2 as examples, and now they are releasing just an XBLA game. The XBLA game looks great and I will most certainly buy it, but what happened to the big releases???
    I really really want a new Shogo guys!!!!!!!! I also wish Monolith would make a game like what condemned starting out being, a fantasy-horror shooter.

9. DSB

I think it has to do with the switch to Warner Brothers.

I don’t know it’s affected the company, but some of the main guys went to work for the publisher. To me it’s like how Bioware really went to shit after getting bought out by EA.

FEAR and Condemned (their best games in my opinion) were released a year after they were bought out.

Shogo is definitely an underrated gem. I’d be more interested in a new Blood game though.

Monolith used to rock so hard.

10. fearmonkey

@9 – Yes they did sniff sniff……. Warner bought them in 2004 though, and they released their last big game, fear 2, in 2009. I was hoping for a Condemned 3 (Condemned 2 wasn’t near as good as the original, I was hoping they would make up for that)

Blood 2 wasn’t as good as the original Blood, but it was fun, I’m surprised the other build games never made it to XBLA (Blood, Witchhaven, Powerslave, Shadow Warrior, etc. I’d love to see a new Blood game.

I loved Shogo’s multiplayer, such a cool game :)

11. Sadismek

@7 Haha, yeah, I agree, and after all, nothing is truly original.

12. xino